aleph1.2 IRF240 vs IRFP250

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to avoid mounting 48 metal irf240 in to3, while I can choose to mount the same number of irfp250 to their place in to247, with remarkable advantages in terms of assembly and current, but not in make out of gates, while he remains the doubt of as it can worsen the sound of all the amplifier.
evaluates that all the amplifier assumes remarkable dimensions, a lot of to be become a monolith arranged in the lounge.
the measurements correct in cm are 160 high, 24 narrow, 40 deep, and higher than 40kg of weight, even if of wood and dark a remarkable visual impact always has.

It also took me a while to understand what the issue might be.

According to IRF website, IRFP240, which is TO247 plastic package, is now obsolete. The next closest in TO247 is indeed the IRFP250.

IRF240 (without P), which is TO3 metal can, is still active.

But I think if you are quick enough, you can still get enough IRFP240 in TO247 on the market, e.g.

www.reichelt.de
www.schuro.de

etc.

Patrick

about shuro i tryed to write them for some information but never got back from them.
How is it possible to contact them?
Since the website is not in english but only in german and not understandable for me i would need support.

Do you know if they have another email address where they usually answer?

I wrote to this address:

info@schuro.de

EUVL said:
It also took me a while to understand what the issue might be.

According to IRF website, IRFP240, which is TO247 plastic package, is now obsolete. The next closest in TO247 is indeed the IRFP250.

IRF240 (without P), which is TO3 metal can, is still active.

But I think if you are quick enough, you can still get enough IRFP240 in TO247 on the market, e.g.

www.reichelt.de
www.schuro.de

etc.

Patrick

There are two factors in play:
--The IRFP240 hasn't been discontinued. It's in transition to a lead free part with a PBF suffix.
--Vishay is in the process of acquiring some, but not all, of the IRF parts. That happens to include the IRFP240. I'm not clear on what the parts nomenclature will be once the dust settles, but as near as I can tell at this point, they will be branded Vishay, not IRF.

Grey

IRFP240 available

IRFP240 is still available from Allied Electronics (about 150):

http://www.alliedelec.com/

There is no min. charge and they only charge the actual postage for shipping. Even better, they ship Canadian orders from their Canadian office, that means a saving of custom clearance charges. (That is my experience in Canada, not sure if this applies to Europe.)

It seems IRFP240, 244 and 250 are all obsolete. Does anybody know what is going on, any new products to replace these items?

more words has spend about a mached mosfet, but the capacitance of gate is than more important in audio responce?

it' very easy mount a irfp250 in to247, the to3 case need too much drill-wole.....

what thing about???

The IRFP250 has about twice the gate capacitance of the IRF240.
It also has a slightly higher gate voltage to turn it on.

Personally I think 150 watts is more than enough to dissipate in that package so I stick to the IRFP240 in multiples.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.