Convert voltage Pass Labs XA 100 from 110v to 220v

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, I hope someone can help me.

I'm from Italy. I own a beautiful Pass Labs X5, which I bought 6 months ago for my HT-system.
During these 6 months I've fallen in love with Pass Labs creatures and now I would like to set up a 2 channel system with 2 - XA100 monoblock , that I think are marvellous.
Since I can't afford to buy 2 "new" amplies, I was looking for 2 used ones. In Europe it's very hard to find them and I'd like to look for them in the USA market.

Is there anyone who knows how and whether it's possible to convert the XA100 amply to the EU voltage/Hertz, from the 110v/60Hz to 220v/50Hz?

Thank you very much for your help.

--Luca

Nelson Pass said:
You should inquire of the factory for a specific serial number
for the information you need. We have been slowly converting
products to a single primary design which would require a
transformer replacement.

:cool:

Dear Nelson,

thank you very much for your suggestion. :)
When I find a proper deal, I’ll ask for the serial number to the factory. I’ll write to the email address technical@passlabs.com, I hope they can answer to this kind of questions.
By the way, I was also thinking about the possibility of changing the transformer. Do you think this could make any sense? Is it something that eventually I can order from the factory?
Thank you very much for the time you take to answer directly to questions.

Luca

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.