Aleph P 1.7 / Aleph 1.2 Balanced IC Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

Perhaps I should rephrase the question: I own Aleph 1.2 monoblocks and will be building an Aleph P 1.7 / Pearl / Ono MC preamp to replace a single-ended preamp. In my current system, single ended interconnects run between the preamp and amps. I am considering building high quality balanced interconnects as replacements, if the sound quality will likely improve as a result.

Can anyone offer a reasoned opinion?

Thank you,
Scott

Nelson discusses the advantages of running a fully balanced system in his amp and preamp articles on www.passdiy.com. Balanced operation will further reduce noise and give you an even quieter background. If you are buildig fully balanced components, than by all means you should interconnect with balanced cables.

Since it sounds like you are making a fully balanced value chain of components, try your own A-B testing and I think you will prefer running as a balanced set-up.

Just my $.02 worth.

-David

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.