AlephJ-X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: AlephX with J fet driver

gaborbela said:
Hi
I have these AlephX using the Kristijan PC boards .
Can I drive the AX with J fet .If yes can someone hepl me what do I have to change in the schematic so it make it better .
I attache the original schematic what these desing uses .
I have J fet 2SJ74BL/2SK170BL at least 50 pairs .Or if better to use 2SJ109BL/2SK264BL I can purchase that .
Can some one please help me please if is possibile to replace the Hexfet drivers wit J fet .
Thank for any help !!
Greetings

You will find answers to all your questions if you read this whole thread carefully from the beginning.

I can think of three or four people who have built and posted Aleph-X amps with JFET front end circuits. You need to search for them. They're easy to find. Here is one that I have built and posted:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1468122#post1468122

I would be cautious regarding the KK schematic you posted. First, there has never been any evidence that he has built any of the circuits shown on his web site.

Second, I have built my own version of the Aleph-X and experimented with the basic circuit quite a lot. I don't like a number of KK's component values. His circuit will make sound, but it IMO it won't sound optimal. That being said, the good news is that all of the information you need to optimize the Aleph-X circuit is here on this web site.

Cheers,
Graeme

HI

The truth is I made a listening test in one side and it sound really great .I'm satisfied with the sound what I heard .
I read some post at the forum from those who made the change to use J-fet . Somebody wrote is not to much improvement after the change , so I decided to stick with the original design .
Thanks to all for the help .
Greetings .

Hello

I read a lot of info about the J-fet drive AX and all I understand those people who did the modification still suffer with the offset problem .
I will wait until someone confirm that now his amplifier with the modification works well .
I do not want to wait 2 hours until the offset disappear or play with the expensive Scan speak drivers (I do not want to burn my speakers )
It happend me oneness that is enough to me .
I'm not against the modification, yes I would like to do that especially if is a sonically improvement . I just don't have the skills to do it by my own . If there is a schematic and works perfect I can do it but I'm not amp designer .

Greetings

Hi,

what offset problem? It is the same behaviour of the absolute offset that you get when using a normal frontend. The speaker won´t see this offset as it appears at both outputs simultaniously. My relative offset is a few millivolts (<10mV) from startup till warm.

William

Hello
OK that is a good news . Maybe I should try in my AX to .
I will carefully study the two schematics , I'll will see what are the differences between them .
After I will decide .
KK will not help , he design the AX after the basic schematic .I have to go on and study your verision how I can use it in my case .
Thank for all the information .
Greetings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.