Threshold 400a

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a nightmare! Here goes. I had a deal with a person whose name and location will remain secret to protect him, yes that's right, to protect him. I sold my 400A. When he received it he claimed that it was not working properly even though I had no problems with it while it was with me. I gave him the benefit of any doubt as all is possible. He told me that operation was intermittent as far as full frequency response goes. And that the plexiglass fell off during shipping. Fine. But when I got it back, the otherwise mint plexiglass was glued back on crookedly, and is no longer mint because of glue residue. In an effort to be neighbourly, I decided to fix it myself, that is why I initially posted here. On receipt I discovered that not only had he taken the liberty to reglue what does not belong to him, but a screw was loose on the bottom. So I tightened it, gave him back his $1,000.00 bucks and other related expenses, and began to take it apart to see what was to do. To my horror, both the transformer and the capacitors are wobbly and crooked. Obviously somebody has been playing around, and when they couldn't get it right just slapped everything back together and sent it back. So far everything was done correctly from my side including being gullible and refunding all the money. He said he was upset because the amp of his dreams wasn't working properly, but now it is back with me and looks like an amateur butcher of some kind had a go at it even though it does not belong to him. I don't know if anything is wrong yet operation-wise since this rape occurred, but I would like some advice from the community as to what I should do, or indeed can do at this point. I haven't even left feedback for him on Audiogon yet. But I have reason to be steamed, don't I? I have photos of how nice and straight everything was before somebody did their masterpiece of alteration on it. I could take the AFTER photos. Please advise. I really don't like the idea of somebody unqualified doing any kind of messing with my property. He should have waited until deciding to keep it before doing anything. That is simply not how you do things. It is not only wrong, it is also unprofessional and possibly criminal at worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.