aleph1.2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, i want build a my version of aleph 1.2, with IRF240 to3 case, 4 caps of 3300uf near each output mos.
a total caps on each rail is 158000 and 316000 for one channel.
i will be used a 1kvar trafo for a plus rail and one twin trafo for minus rail.
i posted here for a little question.
How much current flow in a rectifier bridge when i turn on the main switch without a softstart?
How much rms current flow in this when is work?
thanks....
salvatore A.
sicily...

Hi
Good luck with the amp build.

Do not turn on without a soft start circuit.

I recently did an emperical check on the current from a large capacitor bank by increasing the capacitance slowly and checking the switch on current. With 240 volt mains using 60,000uf in 60 volt rails blew an 8 amp mains fuse. I stopped at that point as I had all the information I needed. You can make your own guesses as to the current with higher capacitance.

Don

thanks, i'm sure to need use a soft start for main trasformer, but i must calculate the current flow on rect-bridge, the consumer full-bridge-rectifier can't drive an excessive peak, also the single diode ( byw92-200, bys75. etc) can supplies more 200Ampp.
i must decide what kind of heat-sink need every diode in rms work.
i can separe in two banks of 24 pcs the caps, and separate these with a 1mH /10A inductor, one for each rail, so that, the rectifier load is an half of caps.
how you can do?
i have 96 pcs of nippon chemi bka series 3300mF/100Wv
and other 96 pcs of samhwa ce-hm series 3300mF/100Wv
200pcs of 10mF/100v ERO or 22mf/100v epcos.
soo much caps and more dubt...
can help me?
thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.