yet another newbie Zv9 forums

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Allmost fininshed my Zv9 based on Veterans excellent boards.

Its my first amp, so I have a silly question.

1 Can I use 25V caps for C2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 9 ?

2 Can I use inrush limiter thermistor (2,5ohm 7A) on primary side of transformer

3 Do I need some resistor or cap between star point ground and audio ground ?

4 before you ask, I did search the forum, and found answers for my many other questions. Except for many answers given by Stenoe and Veteran. Thanks guys :)

Wish me luck :)

Hi Ronnal,

I can't offer any answers to question 1 but for the others, and this is based on my recently completed V9:

2. Thermistor: i used a 3A 10ohm resistor on live between the switch and toroid. I read somewhere that the inrush current on a V9 is low so a thermistor is not required. I have had issues with popping in the past so i thought it would not hurt. Either way may sure you use a slow blow fuse.
3. Do you mean between the star ground and the ac ground? I did but i have in the past. Do not wire the two to the same point. In the past i used a 10ohm resistor between the star ground and the chassis the prevent any ground noise getting back in the circuit from the AC side.

Check out this link for the wiring diagram... tried and tested:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1100813&stamp=1168227029
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93348&pagenumber=3

good luck

neil_kaye said:

Thanks Neil,

Yeah I saw that thread and loved it. Especially liked the visual viring diagrams, but didnt notice the values inserted :)

So if I understand correctly: separate star ground for each channel. Separate star ground from AC ground with thermistor, do not wire the stargrounds and AC ground to the same point..

Ok thanks.

Would you mind trying to measure the voltage that C6 and C3 sees ?

Regards,
Ronald

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.