F4 power amplifier - Page 52 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th April 2007, 05:41 PM   #511
diyAudio Member

Default BOM

I'm happy to do the work of creating one for this amp but before I do from the service manual I thought I would check with the board first. Does anyone have a .txt, .doc, or spreadsheet with the bill of materials?

Thanks!

C
Old 28th April 2007, 02:04 PM   #512
diyAudio Member

i was wondering why there was a run on 2SJ74's.
Old 30th April 2007, 03:28 PM   #513
diyAudio Member

Default Questions

Where is Q8 and Q9? The channel scematic seems to jump from Q7 to Q10. Maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks,

C
Old 30th April 2007, 09:09 PM   #514
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by metalman

Oh, right! I still need to build the F4's too!

why............there's rumor that Papa will soon have something even better.......

Old 30th April 2007, 09:43 PM   #515
diyAudio Member

Back when I was in retail there was one particular customer that everyone hated. He'd come in and take up hours of time but never buy anything because, "Oh, I heard that Yamaha/NAD/whoever is about to release a new model and I can't buy anything until I look that one over."
Given the number of manufacturers of audio gear, there's always something that has just been released, is being released, or is about to be released. The guy was forever frozen like a deer in headlights, afraid to actually plunk down the money and take something home. He was terrified that a marvelous new model would be released the week after he bought his and that the newer piece would be the ultimate. The poor creature had been trapped in this state of perpetual uncertainty for years...and for all I know, still is.
Think of all the music he missed.
Not building an F4 just because something else is on the way is the same sort of thing. Suppose you wait for the Zen 10, but just as you're about to order the parts, Nelson decides to discontinue the X series and make the schematics available. Ooops! Gotta wait for the Xs. But then there's the F7. Ohmigod, better wait for that one--I hear it's going to be a humdinger. But, wait!, the original XA is being discontinued and the schematics will be available. And then...
Like I said...paralysis.
Build something...anything...it's all good in the end.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

Grey
Old 30th April 2007, 10:02 PM   #516
RKH is offline RKH  United States
diyAudio Member

I tend to suffer from AADD ...

Amplifier Attention Deficit Disorder ... too many in the "almost done" stage. That's supposed to change this summer, starting now, with some more focused spare time ... we'll see.

Ryan AKA "deer that can solder but sloooowwwwws down when building chassis"

Old 30th April 2007, 10:12 PM   #517
VT67 is offline VT67  Belgium
diyAudio Member

You're not alone!
I'm suffering from the same disease.

Regards
Old 30th April 2007, 10:17 PM   #518
RKH is offline RKH  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for reminding me ...

I have a pair of GeWa populated KSA-50 Klones to finish as well...

Ryan
Old 30th April 2007, 10:20 PM   #519
VT67 is offline VT67  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Ah yes, that's you. I already thought your name sounded familiar.
I also still have a pair of those!!

Regards
Old 30th April 2007, 11:04 PM   #520
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GRollins
...................................Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

Grey

I was trapped in building "perfect Temple" for Babelfish.

donut,sinks,caps,populated pcbs,Alu sheets,screws,nuts,Oak...everything was (is ) on shelf ;

-never 'nuff time,in fact.

in a meantime there were few other interesting things,mainly with various spks and sources.......(btw, 2 pairs of Sonido SFR200 are from today on my shelf ) .......

finally , when I have time for Babelfish chassis , I realized (again) how quick'n'dirt flea power toob amp can be good....

so...now I have two problems-or blessings- to many parts for various amps and-in other hand- they all have to much watts for my needs

in a meantime , I have few mental exercises regarding mosfets osfets sfets jfets fets bjts.......so I also realize that I really already have everything I need , amps and preamps wise ........

just thinkin' about amps and preamps is equally satisfying ,if you already have what you need.......

mebbe that customer of you already have Ongaku ,or Aleph at home.......?

just speculating

and- yeah - new humoristic page :

http://choky.on.neobee.net/My%20vari...0Diyaudio.html

Hide this!Advertise here!