F4 power amplifier

High power/high current F4

Since the rails cant be raised more than a few volts, how is this for a higher powered F4?
Should bump the bridged topology back up to spec's. Nothing new ofcourse, but should be able to drive fairly powerhungry speakers in bridged mode.
A sturdy psu and 2 amp-chassis that can dissipate the 320 watts per channel, should do it.
Any drawback's?

:)

Attachments

• f4_bpa.pdf
    44.3 KB · Views: 364
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: High power/high current F4

steenoe said:
Since the rails cant be raised more than a few volts, how is this for a higher powered F4?
Should bump the bridged topology back up to spec's. Nothing new ofcourse, but should be able to drive fairly powerhungry speakers in bridged mode.
A sturdy psu and 2 amp-chassis that can dissipate the 320 watts per channel, should do it.
Any drawback's?

and question is ................ ?

hehe

just joking.......

why not, if you have 'nuff sinks ....... and I know that you have........

what's with KSA?

Marino, I did miss that. ZM, no questions really, I was throwing out the idea, looking for thoughts. Taking it one step further would be to use the one I posted as woofer amp's, together with a pair of the stock bridged F4's for the fullranger (High/Mid) when the active crossover hits the download area at F-W. Spells powerfull, fully balanced setup:cool:
Appealing thought, but maybe 12 channels worth of F4's for a stereoamp is going a bit overboard? (No it aint:D )

Edit, the dreky KSA has suffered a severe delay. Just used the most of a week, digging up the frontlawn, replacing all the sewer-pipes. Man I hate that kind of work.

Appealing thought, but

Yes, very appealing! Sounds like the perfect winter setup;) Also, the fact that you would even mention building 12 channels of an amp tells me you truly like it beyond what you've stated. Well, since you've built everything else 'round here already your opinion carries weight:D

I need to settle on a low power, high resolution, very quiet, and balanced amp for the 'drek squeaks'. I'd do a 'crippled F4' but it's not balanced. Suggestions??

I think a bridged f4 can handle the woofs.

EDIT: what is a KSA? besides a Krell:)

Septic?