F4 power amplifier

JimT said:
I was just going to use some 1/4 watt metal film I already have. Nothing special there. I have not used the IEC Power Entry Modules before, but would like to try one this time. I checked Digikey and got 965 hits, can you tell me which ones you like?

Thanks
Jim

well, I hoarded a bunch of Delta 06AK2 modules from a guy on Ebay (in fact, there is still someone selling them there). If you search, you'll see an equivalent Qualtek part number, but after looking at the prices, you'll see why I bought 10 or so on Ebay for $3 each ;)

I have never used them in a power amplifier, but I have in preamp and headphone amplifier projects with excellent success.

I'd be interested to hear other's opinion of using these on the F4.

sklimek said:

Hi, I got a quote from r-theta about 18 months ago for the 65340-11.0"B heatsinks. Identical to the PD group buy. Their quote was $56.35 a piece for 4 heatsinks with a 50.00 set up charge.

If it could get to around 50.00 bucks per heatsink plus shipping and you are looking for a group buy I would be good for four of them. I talked to a Paul Korth at r-theta email - 'paul@odas.com' 310.781.2255 if that is helpful.

I also have a .pdf of the quote if useful.

Stan

if anything materializes, I may be interested as well. I haven't decided what I'm going to do for heat sinks... I'd really like to get a pre-assembled case, and preferably a Hi-Fi 2000 Pesante Dissipante, as this would coordinate with all my other DIY creations.

I'm waiting back for the ratings on the heatsink on their 5U chassis:

http://www.hifi2000.it/default.asp?id=104&mnu=104

Problem with Hi-Fi 2000 is the fact they will only send via expensive air mail ... But in the end, I have several models and they are "quite easy on the eyes" and by far my favorite cases that are readily available to the DIY-er.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BOM - any comments

Magura said:

Funny, hmm....maybe, but it leaves you with a good excuse to buy mil. stuff :cool:

Magura :)

mil. stuff?

Attachments

• xxxx.gif
    xxxx.gif
    24.5 KB · Views: 792
JimT said:
I was just going to use some 1/4 watt metal film I already have. Nothing special there. I have not used the IEC Power Entry Modules before, but would like to try one this time. I checked Digikey and got 965 hits, can you tell me which ones you like?

Thanks
Jim

Jim, pm me.

It's almost impossible to use this forum to communicate properly like how we are suppose to so pm me so i can talk on a ADULT level, and i can help you.

Jase

Hi, I got a quote from r-theta about 18 months ago for the 65340-11.0"B heatsinks. Identical to the PD group buy. Their quote was $56.35 a piece for 4 heatsinks with a 50.00 set up charge.

Here is a link to an e-bayer I bought some heatsink from. He has a lot and will cut to your size--and it is much cheaper than the above price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HEATSINK-ALUMIN...ryZ31489QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(thats a long link, isn't it?)

If you look at the "Mini Aleph rebuild" thread I started, you will see some pix of the stuff I bought--although I believe the material he has now has shorter fins and more of them.

His seller name is "barrredboss". Hope this is helpful to anyone looking for heatsink.

JJ

jupiterjune said:

Here is a link to an e-bayer I bought some heatsink from. He has a lot and will cut to your size--and it is much cheaper than the above price.

If you look at the "Mini Aleph rebuild" thread I started, you will see some pix of the stuff I bought--although I believe the material he has now has shorter fins and more of them.

His seller name is "barrredboss". Hope this is helpful to anyone looking for heatsink.

JJ

You mean russ boss :)

AND you never pm'ed me about the Aleph Mini Boards. :D

Jase