Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th May 2008, 09:24 PM   #2291
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Yeah, i've been thinking of getting into the virtual joint business, oldfashioned quality schit doesn't cut it anymore in this pulmonary awareness day and age.
Old 15th May 2008, 09:26 PM   #2292
Paper mache horn fabricator
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GRollins
Virtual smoke is much cheaper than the real kind.

Grey

Ain't that the truth.

I'm trying to determine if I'm blowin' up the amp. I suppose that if the sim says the voltage and current are within device specs, I'm ok.

Thanks Grey, Nelson.
Old 15th May 2008, 09:28 PM   #2293
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jacco vermeulen
Yeah, i've been thinking of getting into the virtual joint business, oldfashioned quality schit doesn't cut it anymore in this pulmonary awareness day and age.

cwayzee dutchie

whatever is that drek - you smokin' or usin' these days - send a little to me

Old 15th May 2008, 09:52 PM   #2294
jimbo51 is offline jimbo51  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by giacomo_pagani
Uh... I'm referring to the R8 which is shown in the actual PDF on www.firstwatt.com

I downloaded it again a few days ago... What am I missing?

Giacomo

Looks like the earlier (11/08/06) version has snuck back up on www.firstwatt.com.

The latest version was referred to as R0 and dated 6/4/07
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg f4 sch r0 20070604.jpeg (60.4 KB, 862 views)
Old 15th May 2008, 09:57 PM   #2295
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to giacomo_pagani
Quote:
Originally posted by jimbo51

Looks like the earlier (11/08/06) version has snuck back up on www.firstwatt.com.

The latest version was referred to as R0 and dated 6/4/07

Now it would be very interesting to know which one is actually better... Maybe the fact that the old one has been brought back on site means something?

I have to freeze with my shopping, 'till I get an answer now. Thank you for pointing that out

Giacomo
Old 15th May 2008, 11:13 PM   #2296
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to giacomo_pagani
Quote:
Originally posted by giacomo_pagani

Now it would be very interesting to know which one is actually better... Maybe the fact that the old one has been brought back on site means something?

I have to freeze with my shopping, 'till I get an answer now. Thank you for pointing that out

Giacomo
OK, I searched and found that this last version is better, period (being recommended by Nelson, and being the one on Peter Daniel's boards).

And I'm lucky with parts, too (except for the 750 ohm resistor, but I'll stick with two 1.5 kohm in parallel).

Giacomo
Old 15th May 2008, 11:14 PM   #2297
diyAudio Member

I am so glad that somebody agrees with me that the OLD one circuit has been brought back up.!

Please tell me that this is something to do with the firstwatt site going down and coming back up with OLD files......

Ed
Old 17th May 2008, 07:27 AM   #2298
mosfet1 is offline mosfet1  Italy
diyAudio Member

Can I change IRFP 240 with IRFP 044 in the f4 circuit without any changes or it's a bad idea?
Bc/Philips capacitors 22.000/40 volts maybe a good choice for power supply? (I've a good amount of these capacitors, but I don't know if they are really good for audio).
What's the power (safe value) for each channel transformer?

thanks a lot
Old 17th May 2008, 04:30 PM   #2299
The one and only

I think it will work, yes.
Old 17th May 2008, 05:12 PM   #2300
diyAudio Member

As stated above, I am so impressed by the F4 that I want to see what is possible with a version without any compromises...I am looking for your experiences / opinions:

1. ON the 220uf on the Board: I have currently Silmic II, which should be one of the better ones I guess as recommended by Nelson. If I want to try Blackgates in this position:

- FK
- NX solo
- Two NX which are soldered in parallel, but with opposite direction, so that errors are canceled out (see http://www.thlaudio.com/bgcapitme.htm )

which version would you recommend in this position ?

2. On the resistors in general (I guess this is a Peter Daniel-Question):
- Caddock MK132 ?
- texascomponents.com: TX2352 or TX2575 ?

3. May I ask a maybe stupid question ? Why are the 0.47-resistory specified as the Panasonic 3W-Types ?

Why not simply use the MK132-Type of Caddock as well ? There goes 0.21 Volts over my 0.5-Version which mean basically 0.42 Amps. So, this would mean a heavy 0,21*0,42= 0,0882 Watt, right ? So why aren't we using here the best resistor possible as well ?

Looking forward for your thoughts.

Hide this!Advertise here!