F4 power amplifier

Populated Veteran's boards, but still waiting for the TL431 and the K170/J74 pair.

Attachments

• resized 2.jpg
    resized 2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,426
F4 psu problem

Hello everybody,
this is my psu I have a problem with: fuse is slow blow rated at 2A (more than needed for 240VAC), toroidal is new from trafomatic 300VA with secondary 18-0-18, 3x22000uF caps per rail, and two thermistors cl60 (one in the primary, the other between psu earth to chassis).
This psu is almost the same I used in my previous Aleph2, I only changed the toroidal.
Without connecting ground from filter caps, I have 24,8VDC on each rail, and everything seems working properly.
The problem happens with the earth of psu connected, and fuse blows into two seconds.
Any suggestions? Thanks
D.

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Gyuri said:
Hello Papa!
Do we get some beautiful new game for Christmas?
Although the old ones are not all of them, an example are not yet for me yet F5.
And I got not bored of the even older ones.
Gyuri

You have been exceptionally good this year, so for Xmas you get
a nice surprise.

A little bit of old and new to keep you warm through the winter.

:santa2:

Patrick,

I certainly will try couple more pair just for warming up the heatsink and see how it go. I've to do this in the later days for I've to go Christmas shopping with my love one for the love ones.

-If you have lots of heat sinking and your rails are at 24V or so, then the max
is around 700-900 mV. That will warm it up.-

Nelson,

Thanks for the advice. I'm running both rails at 25v and 23v after loading. Both channels are running at 300mv now and it takes 3 hours to warm the heatsink at 36C. mosfets 50C and the 0.47R 60C. I don't know I would burn the 0.47R if I run the amp on more higher current.........

Wish everyone a Safe and Merry Christmas, Happy New Year too.