F4 power amplifier - Page 109 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th August 2007, 03:40 PM   #1081
diyAudio Member

I echo those sentiments and highly value PD's years of experience and efforts to not only design these very high quality boards but to also organise the manufacture, distribution, financing, etc, etc.
Many thanks, Peter - much appreciated ... jh
Old 27th August 2007, 04:30 PM   #1082
Formerly "jh6you". R.I.P.

Default Re: If I remember correctly...

Quote:
Originally posted by chrismercurio

. . . he had the blessing of Nelson Pass.

I hope he got . . . that's all.
Old 27th August 2007, 04:49 PM   #1083
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Default Re: Re: If I remember correctly...

He surely got:

Quote:

----- Original Message -----
To: nelson pass
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 6:08 PM
Subject: F4 PCBs

Hello Mr. Pass,

I'd like to ask you for permission to produce a batch of F4 boards. The approach will be very strictly 'non profit' with a price per 2 channel board $6 or so. The layout was posted here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...78#post1192478

The boards would be offered to forum members only.

Regards,

Peter Daniel
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 27th August 2007, 05:00 PM   #1084
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Quote:
Originally posted by Srajan Ebaen
That's swell - and I'll mention the Peter Daniel boards in the credit -
Hi Srajan,

Since I mentioned that the boards will be offered to Forum members only, I would prefer if my name was not mentioned in a 6moons F4 write up. I prefer to keep Audiosector business separate from my diy activity on this Forum. Besides, when this is non profit, 'advertising' can only create more hassle for me
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 28th August 2007, 10:24 AM   #1085
diyAudio Member

Default Gotcha, Peter.

This only came up because tvad mentioned it - and he, I'm sure, mentioned it only to give credit where due rather than having it appear his amp was all done up from *complete* scratch by himself. But seeing the nature of this, I agree, there's nothing gained in a formal review of the F4 by confusing the issue for bystanders and bring up the name of another commercial manufacturer (or having to explain what it really means).

Easy does it so you've just been erased -

Hey, if you're near to completing anything cool and new for AudioSector, keep my in the loop. Still loving my Pateks and the step-down transformers work day and night completely noise-free.
Old 28th August 2007, 04:07 PM   #1086
protos is offline protos  Greece
diyAudio Member

Could a generous diyer help me out with some jfets for the front section 2sk370,2sj108 which are hard to find here and very expensive to have couriered from the US?
I could pay with paypal of course.
Old 28th August 2007, 04:11 PM   #1087
traw is offline traw  United States
diyAudio Member

Hmmm... have to see how many i have as burned through some playing with jfet boz. I get them from mcmelectronics.com, around a buck each. I imagine postage would not be too much in an envelope where i could pick them up for you if company (mcm) not being reasonable.
Old 28th August 2007, 04:25 PM   #1088
diyAudio Member

Default fets for F4

What Idss do you require and how many? ... jh
Old 28th August 2007, 04:54 PM   #1089
protos is offline protos  Greece
diyAudio Member

I guess I will opt for the 2sk170 , 2sj74 - as these are being touted as the replacement for the 2sk370,2sj108---can´t find the data sheet yet.
Just that some companies charge a huge shipping charge plus usually send via priority mail.In Tech diy case for example shipping/handling charge is 12 usd for int´l orders plus about 18 usd for priority mail so 30 usd in all for 4-8 usd worth of components.
Maybe I should order 100 to keep my shipping costs down
Old 28th August 2007, 05:59 PM   #1090
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by protos
I guess I will opt for the 2sk170 , 2sj74 - as these are being touted as the replacement for the 2sk370,2sj108---can´t find the data sheet yet.
Just that some companies charge a huge shipping charge plus usually send via priority mail.In Tech diy case for example shipping/handling charge is 12 usd for int´l orders plus about 18 usd for priority mail so 30 usd in all for 4-8 usd worth of components.
Maybe I should order 100 to keep my shipping costs down

I have the 2SK10 and 2SJ74 etc datasheets. I can email them.
RK

Hide this!Advertise here!