Pearl questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pearl quistion's

Hello.

I am waiting, to get my pcb's (from groupbuy), so i can start building my 'pearl'.
As usual i have some quistion's :
My setup is a BoSoZ (unbalanced), 2x125w 8ohm LeachAmp (from 2001), Sony X55ES CD, Dddac 12xtda1543 (1 tower) s/pdif torx and coax input and usb input, Mediacenter pc running freevo with .flac music files (entire collection), Thorens TD316 with IV tonearm, Grado prestige silver MM, with the following spec. :

Output 4 MV @ 3.54 CMV (45 degrees)
Induction 45 mH
DC-Resistance 475 Ohms
Weight 6 grams
Tracking Force 1,5 Grams

Here are my quistions :::
1. On the pearlboard, C14, C16 and R1, are uservalue, are they for normal MM pickup's, and what values should i use ?

2. I simply can't figure out, about the +9vdc from battery input, what is this for ?

Hi lykkedk, nice to see you are getting into vinyl:)

Question 1) those components are for loading your cartridge correctly. Best bet is if the usermanual of your cartridge states some values. Otherwise you will have to see if you can find out in the analouge department. I think that the avarage value of loading a cartridge is 47k, wich is done by R27.

Question 2) The 9V battery serves as an alternative 9V reference. Most people dont use it, but simply stick with the zener reference.
So you can just leave that out.

Steen:)

Hello,

I'm wondering just the same things? Hope that i's ok to use your thread a bit, lykkedk.

How big transformer do I need for the PSU?

9V battery feed??

Choice of PU and "user value" components? What PU should I use for best performance wiht the Pearl? And how do I match it with the "user value" components??
I have an REGA turntable (bought it secondhand) and i think that it will be best to change the PU that is mounted on it now.

What should I take in considerartion when searching for a new PU that will match the Pearl and my turntable?

Link...

Halfway down this site, i am linking to, He is explaning about the cartridge i own, but i find it very hard to understand.

I allready, changed the cable from the tonearm, and i assume that the capacitance is around 150pF in my cable, which is around 1m long.

Maybe someone could explain, what solution i should give a try, i mean it must be the
last suggestion on the site, which is the best right ??? :confused: :xeye:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.