which pass amp "current" amp, which voltage? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd February 2007, 09:33 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Lightbulb which pass amp "current" amp, which voltage?

just to clarify, which of the pass amp is a "current" amp and which a "voltage", as i want an amp playing with 2 way and i dont want series xover (maybe aleph?)?

thanks,
Patrick
Old 22nd February 2007, 09:55 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

The Aleph amps are voltage amplifiers, as is the Aleph-X, the A-75, the Zen variants...basically, you have to go to the First Watt amps to find a current amp.

Grey
Old 22nd February 2007, 09:56 PM   #3
Netlist is offline Netlist  Belgium
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Anyone correct me but I believe only F1 and F2 are current source amps.

/Hugo
Old 22nd February 2007, 10:13 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

hmm, i just finished the original zen, except the mounting of the boards, but case and everything, and i didnt finish it, because i got in my mind(think i read it somewqhere....) that it's a "current" amp and i cant drive 2 way as well as with an voltage amp. and as i dont want to do a case 2 times, and the parts havnt really been expensive i asked =|

so maybe i'll finish it or just go for some aleph IF it's only the Firstwatts being current amps. would be great news

thanks & regards
Old 22nd February 2007, 11:32 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

what aleph would you go for with a budged of 150-200(i need about 40-50w@8)? (got the sinks &case,plugs etc.) as matching fets where one costs 5(i.e. irfp044) could get exp :|

Hide this!Advertise here!