Last Call on PCBs for Pass (Ph)Ono: 17.1. - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th January 2003, 07:27 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

If you want to be on board, write Peter until tomorrow evening, On Monday, the order goes out.
Old 18th January 2003, 07:44 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Hello,

now I have 25 orders for the Ono PCB, so
the PCBs will get a little cheaper:

Set of 2 Ono boards: EUR 55,00
each power supply board: EUR 25,00

Shipping charges are EUR 12,27 by air mail. to outside europe, EUR 6.14 to europe and even less to Germany...

Last chance to order until tomorrow morning. Price is fixed now (I have emaild all buyers, and some of them have already paid)

Peter
Old 18th January 2003, 08:56 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Brownlow,

please email me for Your order, You have disabled the email function of the forum. And please give me Your address with Your order.

Thanks,
Peter
Old 19th January 2003, 02:24 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

All who have ordered without a shipping address, please provide one. I need to know where to ship the boards

And because I got some emails asking for a parts list: I am working on it, and will email it to all this week.

-peter
Old 19th January 2003, 02:43 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Default Hum

Peter,

Did you fix the hum problem that Jens heard on your unit? Also, all of the other problems that you mentioned earlier in another thread, have they been fixed?

Also, I don't see the 2SK389 on your board, did you use a pair of FETS instead of the dual?

I'm interested in ordering. I was going to order Bouke's board, but he's still working on it. I'm just hesitant because of the price, it's a bit high.

Thanks,
Ron
Old 19th January 2003, 05:18 PM   #16
xsnailx is offline xsnailx  Poland
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to xsnailx Send a message via MSN to xsnailx Send a message via Yahoo to xsnailx
it may sound bad but
i cannot design such a pcb from schematic
nor i can buy them (linsufficent funds)
what should i do??
please do not flame me for this post please!!
Old 19th January 2003, 06:18 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Default Hummm

Peter send me his unit as well and I had significant humm....well, the enclorue need to be connect to earth, now it is dead-quiet like a CD-player...on MC !!!
Old 19th January 2003, 07:30 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Ron,

there is some need of fine-tuning to the grounding scheme and the casing to make it perfect, but the other problems have been solved. Nothing was related to the PCB, so I decided to offer it in this state, fine-tuning by components or intelligent grounding can be done from each buyer himself. I expect that we all get some feedback from the 25 people building this one.

If You want to order, please email, with address and if You want one or two power supply boards.

Adn You are right, on the photo is no 2SK389, but 2pc 2SK170. I put them for testing in one channel, and did not change back yet, because it works the same, and I did not have time to do so.
But the board is made for the 2sk389

About the price: the series is not that large, and the boards are of high quality, as You can see on the photos.
Old 20th January 2003, 12:59 AM   #19
mirlo is offline mirlo  United States
diyAudio Member

Default coupling capacitors?

Just wondering:

What brand / series / dielectric type / voltage rating are the 10 uF coupling caps on your board?

What are their dimensions?

-- mirlo
Old 20th January 2003, 03:42 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Peter,

is there a chance to get Your Ono layouts in DXF format files which I could import in my layout program?
It`s not that I do not like Your layouts - the PCB`s look wonderful and I think You did a really great job on them. It`s just that I would like to make some minor changes while adding some things for having more flexibility in parts choice in particular with regard to the 10F coupling caps.
Having the layouts in a format I could import in my program would save me a lot of trouble designing the thing from scratch again. Would be
Quote:
originally posted by xsnailx
it may sound bad but
i cannot design such a pcb from schematic
nor i can buy them (linsufficent funds)
what should i do??
please do not flame me for this post please!!
xsnailx,
IF You have time (and when I say "time", usually I mean a LOT) AND I have the time to route the PCB`s (or even much better... to get the layouts from Peter ) I`ll send You a complete set for free respectively for the bare board material and shipping costs only which likely is just a few (no silkscreen , no solder mask but copper traces hot air tinned, board material: 2mm FR4 70 ). I hate it to make empty promises but as I really don`t know when I`ll find time to make it (furthermore this is rather low on my priority list) please don`t take this as a guaranteed offer. ALL I can offer is WHEN Ill make them You`ll get them.
BUT: chances rise considerably to get them still in this life (I see You`re still young ) when You can convince Peter to leave me the layout files

Hide this!Advertise here!