Last Call on PCBs for Pass (Ph)Ono: 17.1.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, just for those of you who have not read through Peter's Threat:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8135

Since Bakmeel has to re-design half of his board, Peter has offered the community his boards which are truely professionally made. The more people we can get together, the lower the price obviously. So, PLease email directly to Peter if you want a pair (obviously I want a few as well, but I want to lower the price as well).

Best Regards

Ok, for the lazy bones - here are the commercial details from Peter's threat - if we get 50 people together, the boards will come down to 40 Euro/$ for 2 channels.

"PCB order details
Hello,

I have ten orders up to now, so You will get the price for 15 orders from now, because I will order some more for me, and for people ordering later:

EUR 60,- for 2 Ono channels,
EUR 30,- for one power supply board.

You can run it with one or two power supplies, so please let me know if You want one or two PS PCBs, or none at all.

I will contact everyone who did show interest on january 18., with shipping/payment details. For the people here in Germany, bank transfer (Überweisung) should be ok, all others paypal or international bank transfer.
If You ordered, and did not get an email until January 19., please post here.

I will place the PCB order on january 20, and expect the boards here on February 5th.

If You contacted me already, please email me again, with Your address (for calculating the shipping charges) and for the number of power supply PCBs.

-peter"

Blitz said:
Ok, for the lazy bones - here are the commercial details from Peter's threat - if we get 50 people together, the boards will come down to 40 Euro/$ for 2 channels.

"PCB order details
Hello,

I have ten orders up to now, so You will get the price for 15 orders from now, because I will order some more for me, and for people ordering later:

EUR 60,- for 2 Ono channels,
EUR 30,- for one power supply board.

You can run it with one or two power supplies, so please let me know if You want one or two PS PCBs, or none at all.

I will contact everyone who did show interest on january 18., with shipping/payment details. For the people here in Germany, bank transfer (Überweisung) should be ok, all others paypal or international bank transfer.
If You ordered, and did not get an email until January 19., please post here.

I will place the PCB order on january 20, and expect the boards here on February 5th.

If You contacted me already, please email me again, with Your address (for calculating the shipping charges) and for the number of power supply PCBs.

-peter"

Tell your freind and neighbours and mama and papas.......ALL AROUND THE WORLD!:bigeyes:

Power supplies

Hi,

I've read somewhere that maybe two separate supplies will do better, is this OK? If so, maybe I'll order two supply-pcbs

BTW, I can't believe that almost no one is going to join the order group, maybe are they all with the alephx project and don't want to waste energy? Or maybe are they the people that enjoy CD's?

I've ordered two power supply boards due to comments that I've read from members here on the DIY site as well as what's written on the Pass Labs site about the the XONO....

"The Xono is based on the design pioneered in the Aleph Ono. The basic Ono design has not changed but been extend and refined. The separate power supply combined with the additional filtering and dual mono power supply design contribute to the lower noise floor and sonic improvements. "

Hope this helps!!!

Some photos

just to give you some more insides to the quality of zthe boards, maybe Peter ist willing to collect the last orders on this weekend and is enhanced the deadline a bit...

Attachments

• ono.jpg
    ono.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,217
Hello,

now I have 25 orders for the Ono PCB, so
the PCBs will get a little cheaper:

Set of 2 Ono boards: EUR 55,00
each power supply board: EUR 25,00

Shipping charges are EUR 12,27 by air mail. to outside europe, EUR 6.14 to europe and even less to Germany...

Last chance to order until tomorrow morning. Price is fixed now (I have emaild all buyers, and some of them have already paid)

Peter

Hum

Peter,

Did you fix the hum problem that Jens heard on your unit? Also, all of the other problems that you mentioned earlier in another thread, have they been fixed?

Also, I don't see the 2SK389 on your board, did you use a pair of FETS instead of the dual?

I'm interested in ordering. I was going to order Bouke's board, but he's still working on it. I'm just hesitant because of the price, it's a bit high.

Thanks,
Ron

Ron,

there is some need of fine-tuning to the grounding scheme and the casing to make it perfect, but the other problems have been solved. Nothing was related to the PCB, so I decided to offer it in this state, fine-tuning by components or intelligent grounding can be done from each buyer himself. I expect that we all get some feedback from the 25 people building this one.

If You want to order, please email, with address and if You want one or two power supply boards.

Adn You are right, on the photo is no 2SK389, but 2pc 2SK170. I put them for testing in one channel, and did not change back yet, because it works the same, and I did not have time to do so.
But the board is made for the 2sk389

About the price: the series is not that large, and the boards are of high quality, as You can see on the photos.

Peter,

is there a chance to get Your Ono layouts in DXF format files which I could import in my layout program?:)
It`s not that I do not like Your layouts - the PCB`s look wonderful and I think You did a really great job on them. It`s just that I would like to make some minor changes while adding some things for having more flexibility in parts choice in particular with regard to the 10µF coupling caps.
Having the layouts in a format I could import in my program would save me a lot of trouble designing the thing from scratch again. Would be :cool:
originally posted by xsnailx
it may sound bad but
i cannot design such a pcb from schematic
nor i can buy them (linsufficent funds)
what should i do??
please do not flame me for this post please!!
xsnailx,
IF You have time (and when I say "time", usually I mean a LOT) AND I have the time to route the PCB`s (or even much better... to get the layouts from Peter:angel: ) I`ll send You a complete set for free respectively for the bare board material and shipping costs only which likely is just a few €€ (no silkscreen , no solder mask but copper traces hot air tinned, board material: 2mm FR4 70µ ). I hate it to make empty promises but as I really don`t know when I`ll find time to make it (furthermore this is rather low on my priority list) please don`t take this as a guaranteed offer. ALL I can offer is WHEN I´ll make them You`ll get them.
BUT: chances rise considerably to get them still in this life (I see You`re still young;) ) when You can convince Peter to leave me the layout files :D ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.