question about power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was wondering if there is any advantage to using separate power supply's for the different stages of the amp (aleph 30) I have the twisted pear bozsoz boards, but since the aleph 30 will work with a passive preamp i was thinking of using just the power sup boards for the front end of the amp circuit??

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
kendt said:
I was wondering if there is any advantage to using separate power supply's for the different stages of the amp (aleph 30) I have the twisted pear bozsoz boards, but since the aleph 30 will work with a passive preamp i was thinking of using just the power sup boards for the front end of the amp circuit??

search.........somewhere in Babelfish thread ;
in short-you can't do this.........just because both-input (LTP) mosfet and lower output mosfet are referenced to same : -Ve supply.

Yes i'm not sure what i will do. It will substantially raise the cost of the project to buy all the parts and trannies for the bosoz which i'm trying to stay away from. I hate to have the boards and not use them though. I wonder could the power supply boards be adapted to power the whole aleph amp?? I already have two power supply trannies for it so Maybe the boards could be used to make daul stereo supplies.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.