how to attenuate aleph p 1.7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi, I am using kristijans board, and I have laying arround few dact 10kohm atenuators, how ever it way too high for p 1.7. at 10kohm sound is very loud. it should be 1-2kohm I think

what parts I should change do use this 10kohm dact in p 1.7?

thanks in advance

:angel:

Attachments

• aleph-17.gif
    aleph-17.gif
    13.8 KB · Views: 888
Too loud

Hi,

If you have the DACT connected as the 2K potentiometer in your schematic you effectively do are not attenuating the signal. The 2K potentiometer sets the Master gain for one channel as per the original P1.7. You do not require a DACT for this just s simple multiturn pot.

You need to move the DACT to the input or output (preferably) to reduce the volume......

Hope this helps!

Hi Elviukai,

I tried, and gave up.... I have the same PCB as you have, but wanted to use large capacitors meaning I had all sort of problems with space.

You can use the 2K potmeter to play with the gain, but normally you also need to attentuate so that would be a no-go.
I had a pot I tried to put in front, but as my CD player had no bufferstage (don't ask) that ended into very strange effects.

I ended up using a 2K resistor bank on the output, using a board by Mikkel.

Now I have a great sounding P1.7! :D

Greetings, Harry.

Attachments

• inside frontview.jpg
    inside frontview.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 782
Correct!

I got the complete set from Dantimax.com

I made some small changes, but these were just to be able to start/stop my power amps, CD player etc. with voltage outputs from my pre-amp.

I also made a new input board for the buttons. This was a partial copy from Mikkels design which I changed just to solve some mechanical problems.

Greetings, Harry.

Hi both,

Thanks for your advice.

Shall check with dantimax.

Harry,

By the way, could you describe sound from P 1.7 you made.

Is it clean, sweet, transparent, good seperation and with wide sound stage and also a good dynamic range ?

As I heard from most diyer.

Besides, any hum problem ?

Thanks !

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.