Aleph 30 parts for Peter Daniel's boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This would be a good way to spread the heat but will there be any performance change, perhaps speed and are additional parts needed to do this?
I dont think it would matter a lot. It is the only way, if you need to spread out the heat. No additional parts needed.
look at these.......each capable of coolin' ~50W with 25 Celsius rise above room temp.......
Now, thats cool looking heatsinks. The thick body and fins on 2 sides will make for a classy looking amp, with efficient heatsinking:cool:

Steen:)

Power supply

I have not built class A designs before, and I notice the capacitance per ch. is quite large, 60,000 mfd. Why is this needed, is it a design choice, for noise filtration or? what will happen if you use a smaller capacitance?:) like 30,000 mfd?

doggy

Rather then starting a new thread i thought i would post here, basically are you guy's useing the stock Aleph 30 PSU schematic? or another one with additional filtration? (i've heard c-r-c , c-l-c etc).

Also a question for Peter (thanks for the boards btw!), i know you have covered this previously but i thought i would get it 100% clear in my mind. When using the protection diodes you MUST install the jumpers indicated by a line? (i understand about the opt. ground).

One more ;) , just a commonsense thing but wanted to see what other people are doing. After the bridges, depening on what transformer volatge used, i should be expecting ~25v so cap's rated at 50wv and up are usuable. What are you guy's using?

Thanks for your time guys!
Goodluck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.