Aleph-X monoblocks finished.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Zen Mod said:
steen...........what is Iq you have in one half .....(one side,one leg,whatever)...........
if you are in mood for this you can try one day ;)

even more than +-25V for 2sj109 ist moglich if you use two pairs of mosfets per side (leg,half,whatever) and something like this..........mebbe even two leds in series

btw

happy cooking to everyone ;)

just disregard previous post.......except cooking part ;)

that's it.......new year's eve.......even without single drop of beer yet,I mixed AX with Aleph 5 J-fying .............

OK-now is really time for beer.......black!

cheers to all

:cheers:

Did you care to thermaly join that separate sinks. How hot they run?
Hi JC, no I figured that 3 fets on each sink would even out the heat. After 5 hours the temp 44 deg C right above the uppermost fet. Those heatsinks does a better than great job. I am considering cranking up the bias a bit, but since the amps are more than plenty powerfull, I dont know. As they are adjuted right now, they can even battle a summer-evening without sweat:)
Steen, wishing you and Morten a great ending and a great beginning.
Thank you Sir:) The same to you! I will try to draw Morten's attention to this thread:cool:
Everything is massive.
Yeah, I keep dwelling at those heatsinks. Cant tell you how happy I am to have so nice and big heatsinks:) Must have been a man saying that:D
The amps take 2 hours to settle in temp. The hottest I measured yet is 44 deg C. So They might last a few generations. My oldest son doesnt care much about music. My second oldest does though:) He play's guitar (and sometimes the drums) in a local band:cool: Proud farther talking.
if you are in mood for this you can try one day
I am sure, someday I am. This will be the ultimate amp! No doubt!
With +/-22V supply the J-fet input is within reach.
I didnt calculate anything, (Magura said: what the hell do you need those stinking calculations for?) I said: I dont really know, but I guess someone at the forum will ask! He replied: To hell with that! I agree to some extend :D
Take a look at those heatsinks, I really like the shape of the bodyplates.

Steen:cool:

Attachments

• ax_top_front_sm.jpg
    ax_top_front_sm.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,896
Amps on parade

You should be very proud!
Dont worry, I am:D
Just what I thought, what a way to throw a party:D A new pair of A-X's;) Now I have to decide on a pic...he-he I mean to attach a pic for every post I make:D Here you go, my Pass amps on parade:D I do believe that I have a healthy supply of Pass amps!
Since this is New Years eve and I am pretty crazy, take a look: From left to right: ZenV9, Babbelfish, Aleph5, Aleph-X 100watts:D
Dont even try to think that I am in this DIYaudio.com thing, for an armchair talk;) Right now I could have have said: like many of you lazy, ***'s, but I wont:D

Attachments

• amps_on_parade.jpg
    amps_on_parade.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,796
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: Amps on parade

steenoe said:

Since this is New Years eve and I am pretty crazy, take a look: From left to right: ZenV9, Babbelfish, Aleph5, Aleph-X 100watts:D ..................

that poor blackie is really ugliest..............:bawling:

seems that you have smallest expectations for that poor creature :devilr:

little pic-just for steen.......... ;)
each one is good for 80W passive .......hehe

4 larger soon ( :bawling: ) will be used for my blackie

Attachments

• snks.jpg
    snks.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,762
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Happy New Year !

Beautiful amps Steen, are those Proac 2.5 clones in the background? Which amp would you say has the best overall balance at moderate listening levels with your speakers?

I built a pair of clones myself, using Troels G's V6 crossover (or maybe it was 6.1) and am close to powering up my first Pass Clone (A30 using Peter Daniel's boards). I've been trying to decide if I should build ZV9 next or try the Babelfish.

Stephen

Joined 2002
Paid Member
twitchie said:
Happy New Year !

Beautiful amps Steen, are those Proac 2.5 clones in the background? Which amp would you say has the best overall balance at moderate listening levels with your speakers?

I built a pair of clones myself, using Troels G's V6 crossover (or maybe it was 6.1) and am close to powering up my first Pass Clone (A30 using Peter Daniel's boards). I've been trying to decide if I should build ZV9 next or try the Babelfish.

Stephen

I've also been thinking about the Bablefish. The real
difficult there is in finding the 2sj109... :(

Ah...so many amps and so little time... :)

Cheers,
Dennis

My god, what a sweet child. You look pretty nice too!! Cant beleive that a sweet child like that, has a father like you:D :D :D
If I had a daughter, I would hope she looks like Isadora!!! Man that kid is just too much. My heart melted long ago:) :) (I think the looks must come from the mother:D :D )

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.