Aleph-X monoblocks finished.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
Nope I did not! The black amp: namely ´the Babbelfish, is the best sounding amp! No doubt about that! If you read my writings correctly, you will know:D To put things strait: The Babbelfish is still the best amp around!

Steen:cool:

just joking,naturally........ :clown:

in fact,doesn't matter which amp is in question, with look like this -you can make it prettier ( at least same as others) if you make additional front plate and fix it to front htsnk ;
in that case front htsnk will have forced "chimney effect" and probably be slightly more effective........if sides of that htsnk are enough for heat transfer from main heatsinks........

ya know what I mean ;)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
carpenter said:

Someday, I've got to invest in a metal lathe. :bawling:

like this one......older than both of us............. ;)

Attachments

• lathe.jpg
    lathe.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,468
Formerly "jh6you". R.I.P.
Joined 2006
steenoe said:
Nope I did not! The black amp: namely ´the Babbelfish, is the best sounding amp! No doubt about that! If you read my writings correctly, you will know:D To put things strait: The Babbelfish is still the best amp around!

I always like guesswork
Probably, it is due to the more 2nd harmonics
At least on my experience
I am leaning slightly more towards the 2nd harmonics

Happy New Year, All !!! :)

Thank you, even more guys :) Kind words indeed:)
There must be something wrong with January the first! It gives you a fuzzy head every time.....
Yes I made the speakers myself. Its the ProAc Response 2.5 clone. I followed Troels Gravesens instructions and made the 2.95 version. I veneered them with Elm tree. You can see Buhl's nice Response clones on Troel's page.
http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/Diy_Loudspeaker_Projects.htm
Jrsun, they are biased at 6 amps each. I am pretty thrilled that they are finally finished. You know its a couple of days ago, since I started on those. They have been put on hold for most of that time.
These are the inductors.

Steen:)
(Recovering from a New Year's party)

Attachments

• ax_aircore.jpg
    ax_aircore.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,551
steenoe said:

I will try to draw Morten's attention to this thread:cool:

Steen:cool:

Much appreciated :)

I'm very happy to see you got them both up and running, I'll drop by for a listening session sometime in the nearest future, since I am very frequently in Odense, actually posting from there right now :D (Odense is close to Kerteminde for those geographically challenged out there).

For those interested it seems like my own little amp project is going to make some noise in the nearest future. You can see the state of progress here:

www.briangt.com/gallery/magura

Happy new year everybody.

Magura :)

A big thanks to wuffwaff and Netlist for their ungoing support for all the Aleph-X builders.
That was a terrible spelling mistake, hastening to correct it; I meant ofcourse on-going.
Thank you all for those nice words. I kind of get the idea that the A-X's are prettier than the other amps I made?:clown:
I'll drop by for a listening session sometime
You are welcome:cool: I cant wait to see your own little project when its finished;)
The A-X's has been playing a lot over the last few day's and the sound has actually opened up a bit. They have an open-ness in sound that I have never heard before. Its like every instrument has much more room. The soundstage is bang on, and the entire range from the deepest to the highest has a nice homogenic and coherent touch to it. Maybe the power-reserves accounts for some of that, but I also tend to think that the A-X takes the best advantage of the X-CCS-BosoZ, somehow. Since they are both truly balanced cuircuits, maybe they act together, to sound so great. I didnt try the A-X's with singleended input yet, since I didnt bother to connect the Phono jack's. Did anyone else experience something along those lines? I could be bias'ed you know:)

Steen:)

BTW Take a look at the real thing here, and maybe read some of Nelson's articles while you are there. "The Peanutbutter and Chocolate" article had me started out on the Aleph-X's;)
http://www.passlabs.com/amplifiers/xa100.htm

steenoe said:
That was a terrible spelling mistake, hastening to correct it; I meant ofcourse on-going.

You are welcome:cool: I cant wait to see your own little project when its finished;)

Well, I guess ungoing suits most of the AX projects somewhat better :D

Will most likely visit the princess this weekend, so I'll drop by if you happen to be at home, will bring the goodies as well, as it dawned on me that it would be a pitty to have them lost in the mail ;)

As for my own little project, I almost assembled the boxes last night. This pic was taken with my cellphone, hence the crappy quality.

Magura :)

Attachments

• 05-01-07_0216.jpg
    05-01-07_0216.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,417
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.