Monster Output Stage- 2 KW

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For those of you who need high power, see the attached output boards, labeled "2KW Power Board." I took these pics with my phone at the surplus store so that's why the quality is awful, but no one ever liked my pics anyway.... :(

6 rows x 11 TO-220 output devices per row (2 rows have 12), placed on a flat copper bar with a hollow copper tube running below the length of the bar. Rubber tubing connects to the copper tubes so that you can put water or some other liquid in the tubes to cool down that bad boy.

The boards include 0.1 ohm emitter power resistors and other components.

Picture #3- top and bottom of 2 boards

Attachments

• picture003.jpg
    picture003.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 663
Pic 09

Pic 09- bottom of board, note that the V+ and V- go to copper bars. Based on my quick look, I think that the hollow copper tubes are live, which would make the water (if that is used) inside them live too!

The hollow copper tube is sized such that it is small enough for the TO-220 emitter and base pins to be soldered directly to the PCB.

Attachments

• picture009.jpg
    picture009.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 484
pic#10- 2 boards

Pic10- top view of 2 boards.

Yes, they have 5 so you can use this for your 10.0 KW home theater system.

Price- $20 for each board. The boards looked to be in great shape too. Now if only we could find some speakers to connect these to.......

Attachments

• picture010.jpg
    picture010.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 464
jacco vermeulen said:

TO220 ? => I've gone blind, Ma (TO3)

20 bucks is cool.

I am an idiot! TO-3!!! TO-3!!! TO-3!!! TO-3!!! TO-3!!! TO-3!!! TO-3!!! TO-3!!!

FYI, the copper you see on the underneath of the board is not a trace, its a copper bar that is attached via rivets to the board. In fact, quite a few things were rivited to the board.

Nelson Pass said:
And what part numbers are those TO-3's?

:cool:

Well I knew someone was going to ask me that, dammit!!! I didn't write the ##'s down. Once again, I'm such an Idiot!
But I'll go back and check, and maybe take a proper picture. I tried to figure out what application this came from by reading all the writing on the board but since I is not too smart today I could not figure it out.

Zen Mod- what the $$$##@ are you talking about??

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lgreen said:

Zen Mod- what the $$$##@ are you talking about??
like usual- making fool of my self :clown:

that's just copy'n'paste from other thread where I beg for any data for some ancient Motorola darlingtons....

EDIT:
yup........~60 TO3 pieces for 20 bucks........and you didn't even wrote numbers........
you are almost nutzzzzzzzzzzz as I am........... :cool:

Mr Green,

eventhough you're a lousy shot, you're a source of inspiration.

Those units remind me of floor heating hosing.
Regretably not another of my brilliant deductions, i'm in the finishing stage of revamping our 3d bathroom on the top floor. I've put electric floor heating under the floor tiling, switched on the heating in low-mode on tuesday to see if it works.

I just bought a pair of fluid heat exchangers for my next global warming amp project. (you know, the K-thing)
The bias heat of the amps is of a sufficient level for floor heating purposes, 500-600 watts is a standard size.
I've still got the reconstruction of the 1st level bathroom coming, just realised that horizontally there's only 7 to 8 feet between that room and the living. The entire bathroom floor has got to come out anyway, stuffing some braided pressure hosing between the ceiling would be easy.

Distilled water has a very high electrical resistance, though it drops rapidly at increasing temperature to a little less than 20kOhm at 100 C's.

Look Ma, my clock is ticking=>

Attachments

• floorheating clock.jpg
    floorheating clock.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 259
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.