Zen V9 with Peter Daniel & Veteran boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I will also use the HiFi2000 chassis. I've used them for all may electronic projects so far and I'm quite satisfied with the quality, which is not perfect, but good enough! I plan to build 4 channels of Zv9 in two separate chassis. These will be combined with 4 channels of UcD180AD (to drive my woofers) in the same chassie (i.e 2 channels Zv9 and 2 channels UcD in each chassis). My main concern (besides to mention UcDs in this forum ;)), is the temperature of the chassis which will be around 60-65 degrees. I don't know if the UcDs can stand such high temperature for and extended time. Does anyone have an opinion? I've get no answers from the ClassD forum...

Slim line has no heat sinks.
Nope, but since you need an active preamp for the ZenV9, a BoZ would look nice in that chassis;) A BoZ would be a nice mate for the ZenV9. That is the preamp I like best with the Zen9, really dynamic and nice sounding.

Steen:)

BTW Talking about chassis, take a look at these:
http://www.thlaudio.com/casebpwrE.htm
The PRAL-30267F All Alum. Chassis for Pre. amp. would really be something for a BoZ:cool: Watch the dimensions though, its not
big'ish.

Well, the easy work is done. Just the pot is different from part list (where it is in the wrong size), and the Mundorf mcap I had at home already.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here is the ps. A little doubt: is the rectifier in the right side?

zenps.JPG

Now I'm waiting for transformer and chassis.

Steen, maybe I don't need an active preamp, as I have 96dB speakers :)

is the rectifier in the right side?
That doesnt matter much as long as you watch the polarity. It seems like you have connected the rectifier in the intended end with the bleeder resistor. What value did you use for the bleeder?
The boards are great looking:)
About the active preamp, I am not sure you can be without?. You will find out when you connect the amp for a listen though:)

Steen :cool:

Do you think the preamp is needed for power?
Hmmm, Yes. Its just that the ZenV9 needs some output-voltage swing from the source to put out the 15 watts. My guestimate is around 4-5 volts for full output. Most CD players can deliver in the neighborhood of 2 volts. My X'ed BosoZ with the pot wired at the output is no good, but since using the X'ed in single-ended out I have allready halved the outputswing. So this leads me to think that a preamp is needed, and the BoZ is a shotgun;) Drives anything with ease. My speakers are not really efficient though, so you could try without the preamp.

Steen:)

BTW Here is a source for BoZ pcb's:
http://basaudio.net/various.htm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.