Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Zen V9 with Peter Daniel & Veteran boards
Zen V9 with Peter Daniel & Veteran boards
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2007, 01:03 PM   #91
farl is offline farl  United Arab Emirates
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dubai, UAE
Can i use 15000uf for C1 (output caps) instead of 10000uf. I have this one from my Marantz receiver power supply and I want to use it. It is Elna for audio 15000uf 63V.

Thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2007, 12:47 AM   #92
vatofale is offline vatofale  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sydney
Quote:
Originally posted by thomaseliot
/snip

TRANSFO "R" 500VA 2X36V

This is what I would have bought. Discovered too late...
That looks like a very nice transformer, any idea who makes them - I need a 240V version
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2007, 12:56 AM   #93
thomaseliot is offline thomaseliot  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Quote:
Originally posted by vatofale
That looks like a very nice transformer, any idea who makes them - I need a 240V version

Just click on the blue link in your post.

Here are manufacturers


http://www.kitamura-kiden.co.jp/english/products_e.html

http://www.custommag.com/products/r-core.shtml

http://www.rn-core.com/english/products/sort285.asp



Quote:
Originally posted by farl
Can i use 15000uf for C1 (output caps) instead of 10000uf. I have this one from my Marantz receiver power supply and I want to use it. It is Elna for audio 15000uf 63V.
I remember somebody have used 15.000uF.
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 06:32 AM   #94
meanman1964 is offline meanman1964  Belgium
diyAudio Member
 
meanman1964's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Belgium the land of chocolate
I've a question about Q5(ZTX450)what replacement can I use without changing values of other components but when it's needed what need to be changed?
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 08:21 AM   #95
Babowana is offline Babowana  South Korea
Formerly "jh6you". R.I.P.
 
Babowana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally posted by meanman1964

I've a question about Q5(ZTX450)what replacement can I use without changing values of other components but when it's needed what need to be changed?



Any small signal npn tr satisfying the followings is useful:
  • The same leg marks (ref. to the attached figure)
  • Max. Vceo rating greater than 30V
  • Max. power dissipation rating greater than 600mW
  • Min. dc current gain of 25 or greater (min hFE of ZTX450=100)
  • Similar physical size as ZTX450
  • The black-color body

I have used KSP42 with success.

Cheers,

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ztx450.jpg (20.7 KB, 507 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 06:06 PM   #96
meanman1964 is offline meanman1964  Belgium
diyAudio Member
 
meanman1964's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Belgium the land of chocolate
Do the output fets need to be matched?
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 08:27 PM   #97
twitchie is offline twitchie  Burkina Faso
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Planet Earth
Quote:
Originally posted by Babowana




Any small signal npn tr satisfying the followings is useful:
  • The same leg marks (ref. to the attached figure)
  • Max. Vceo rating greater than 30V
  • Max. power dissipation rating greater than 600mW
  • Min. dc current gain of 25 or greater (min hFE of ZTX450=100)
  • Similar physical size as ZTX450
  • The black-color body

I have used KSP42 with success.

Cheers,

Thanks for this information Babo. I always feel ripped of for whatever reason when I use ZTX450 and ZTX550, so if I can use 2N5088 (npn and fits all the criteria you mentioned) I'll try it.

ZTX450 is about 8-10x more money than the 2N5088 at digikey

Thanks and good to see you up and about
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Zen V9 with Peter Daniel & Veteran boardsHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aleph 30 parts for Peter Daniel's boards Ed LaFontaine Pass Labs 44 20th February 2007 11:38 AM
Aleph 3 on Peter Daniel A30 boards... Skorpio Pass Labs 0 18th January 2007 01:05 PM
Thank You Peter Daniel and Everyone Else!!! rdunnit Everything Else 17 24th May 2003 10:07 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:54 AM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.79%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio
Wiki