New build of Aleph P1.7 preamplifier - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th March 2008, 10:49 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

folkeb,

not sure about the relvol3 failures being typical... i've been using a relvol3, input2 and con2 setup with my P1.7 for over 12 months now and they are still going strong. How have your relvol3's failed??

Any ground loops are the result of incorrect hook up between boards, not boards themselves. Wire all the boards with one connection to star ground, and only signal connections between boards and you won't have a problem with ground loops. My setup is completely silent.

If built and wired without errors (or faulty components) the dantimax stuff will work as advertised. I fried a controller chip early on by messing up the wiring, but once i had a replacement and corrected the hookup everything worked fine. I've also recently had a problem with a faulty encoder after 10 months of use, which Mikkel very kindly replaced even thought it is strictly an Alps manufacturing defect.

cheers
Paul
Old 27th March 2008, 11:32 AM   #22
steenoe is offline steenoe  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by folkeb
Where can you get the panasonic caps?

F
Digikey has them (and will deal with privates) another option is Rifa PHE 426. Elfa has them in stock and they are the best price/performance choice (subjective oppinion ofcourse) They sound better than most other caps (another subjective, but there you go)

Hide this!Advertise here!