What speakers match the Aleph 1.2s?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have recently finnished my Aleph 1.2 project, including a upgrade of the decoupling cap to a BG N. I didn't believe one cap could change the sound to the extent it did. Anyway. I have tested the Aleph on several speakers (Dynabel Euforia and JBLs). However, I can't say I have found a good match yet. Can you please recommend speakers that are known to be a good match?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Folke

Joined 2004
Paid Member
folkeb:

I am driving a pair of Eggleston Andras with my Pass Labs Aleph 1.2 monoblocks, and they sound terrific. I wrote a review of the Aleph 1.2s a few years ago that also described my search for worthy speakers: http://db.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.mpl?forum=amp&n=28070

Your tastes will certainly differ from mine, but throw whatever you can find at your amps -- they really bring the best out of loudspeakers.

Regards,
Scott

My problem is that I can't afford such expensive equipment, hence the DIY effort. Are there any other speakers that match at a lower price? The sound is not bad at all with my current setup, but I can clearly hear the limitations of the speakers. It is quite loose in the bass region and the same can be said for the Alephs sound. The midrange and up is just brilliant. I also have a small room - typically 20 sqm. This will limit my options a bit. Any other good matches for the alephs?

What about the B&W nautilus range? Any clones out there?

;)

Hello!

Better late than never, I have never heard the 1.2's with Martin Logan's, a pal of mine bought my pair of Martin Logan SL3's and they sound wonderful with the Aleph 5's.

Soon finnished with my Aleph 1.2 clones i hope (builded the Aleph 5 first with a pal of mine). I have some trouble at my mainboard, with just 0volts over T4 (KK's-PCBs),so it is probably past summer before they are finnished.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.