Would this work

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, I give up, I just dissasambled my entire PCB, for the balanced line stage, planning to make a complete new design, unbalanced only.

I have found this schematics (Thank's to the author),

Would this work ???? ( The one I had redrawn ? )

Attachments

• diagram.gif
    diagram.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 458
This will work but you'll get better results if you retain the gate stopper and connect to ground through a similar resistance as the i/p mosfet. Differential amps achieve best CMRR when both inputs are driven by equal impedances. Also may be a good idea to retain the trimpot.

cheers

peter

Referring to the schematic in the first posting, seeing the Q2 drain signal is just an inverted but equal amlitude version of Q1 drain signal, it doesn't appear that Q2 is really doing anything besides making the schematic look pretty. You could probably just take the signal from Q1 drain and throw Q2 and it's extra pieces away! The total source resistance may need to be altered because there is now only half the current in it.

Circlotron said:
Referring to the schematic in the first posting, seeing the Q2 drain signal is just an inverted but equal amlitude version of Q1 drain signal, it doesn't appear that Q2 is really doing anything besides making the schematic look pretty. You could probably just take the signal from Q1 drain and throw Q2 and it's extra pieces away! The total source resistance may need to be altered because there is now only half the current in it.

Using only half would yield a Bride of Zen for all
intents and purposes.

Looking at the first post again, though, I see a
Source-follower (Q1) driving the Source of a
common-Gate stage (Q2) to give a non-inverting
configuration.

It might sound a little different from a Bride of
Zen, but I can't say from experience: I haven't had
the time to build the balanced Zen linestage yet.
(The fact that I've been really pleased with my BoZ
all this time hasn't added any particular urgency,
either.) ;)

Erik

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.