Aleph 2 power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bleeder Resistor Connection

Hi,
How do I connect the bleeder resistor on the power supply caps? Do I connect one resistor between +PWR and -PWR, or do I connect 1 resistor between +PWR and GND and another one between -PWR and GND?

This is the diagram that I am trying to follow:
ALEPH 2 POWER SUPPLY

Where is the best place to put the bleeders? Right at the power supply output, or before the coil?

Is it still OK to use the 4.7uF caps at the output, regardless of different electrolytics value?

I am using sixteen 15000uF caps (8 for each plus and minus). with 2.5mH coil between 4 capacitors on each side. I am thinking about using 10K (5W or 10W) bleeder resistor.

Thanks!

Yes, it is for the bypass capacitor at the end of the power supply electrolytics bank.
My power supply consists of 16x15000 uF (120000 uF per plus and minus rail). I have no clue what value it should be, I am using 4.7uF because it is what this guy is using:

My Pass Labs Aleph 2 DIY Project

The only type of capacitor I have on hand at this value is tantalum dipped. Would it be OK to use this?

Thank you for all your help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.