A3 heat dissipation problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear all,

I owned an A3 clone quite sometime ago but due to the insufficient size of my heatsink, I can only ON it less than 2hrs. I wish someone can advise me is there any problem if I simply remove one of the output stage as shown in the attached circuit?

Attachment removed per owners request. /Netlist

Thanks, great idea perhaps I should think where to attach the fan to my casing. Previously I was thinking to reduce the O/p power because I only need a few watts for my spkrs as my volume control never turns beyond 9 o'clock for my normal listening level.

Thanks,
spTOH

Power Reduction Tips for Aleph3

It is hramless for you to simply remove one output pair (formed by the constant curren source and the amplification stage). Besides, you may reduce the Vcc supply from 25V to 18V. This reduction will not only reduce the power consumption for the IRF244 Mosfet, but also the frequency response will not be affected. The drawback for this modification is that, the allowed voltage bandwidth will reduce from 23V to 16V. I assume you don't require 64Vpp for your speakers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.