UGS adventures

Another happy laureate of the mighty "fugly" award ...
:rofl:

Chalk, you could also easily win the "blur pics award"

I was just showing off :clown: or perhaps it's the wine! :boggled:

I closed the blinds to take the photo so you can see the transparent layer of the front panel where the are two blue LEDs. The light also makes it through the little push switches, which you can just about see.

Last edited:
UGS module first test

Hello again, I am doing my first UGS module test and I am seeing about 6dB gain. What should be the gain of the UGS module? Attached are some pictures of my test: 1KHz square wave input / output signals.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 561
  • photo_input.JPG
    photo_input.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 536
  • photo_output_1KHz.JPG
    photo_output_1KHz.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 512
  • photo_PS.JPG
    photo_PS.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 523
  • photo_UGS.JPG
    photo_UGS.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 499
Thanks Maousse, you are right I am testing unbalanced connection at the moment. Rin is 15K while the feedback Rfb is 56K like it is in v3. The finished amp will support both balanced and unbalanced inputs/outputs.

I am planning to use similar but different input selector and volume control then what Cheff used in his design, since I don't have the original PCBs. Details to follow. Could someone recommend a good frequency response SW for PC or MAC preferably open source. thanks a lot

when using unbalanced mode UGS v3 with unbalanced In+ to unbalanced Out+ Is It correct to ground In- and Out-
at first I was using UGS v3 with not grounded In- and Out- then I grounded In- and Out- and got more gain but for me the sound become somehow unplesant
are R In and R FB and R G the most critical resistors which got to be of highest quality

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/86300-ugs-adventures-5.html#post1008158

Last edited:
I use my Cheff's UGS All Inclusive in unbal/unbal config for now.
My amp has 29dB gain, that makes 1.2V sensibility.

Cheff's UGS gain is enough for my configuration, I guess it could be OK for you too.

About PCB's, the Gerber Files are on the site liked on my previous post. But cost can be high for just one set. I have a spare full set if you need (I keep it for my old days ^^)