Aleph-2 50W@8ohm 20KHz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The Alephs are not what we would call fast amplifiers, but using
minimal feedback I haven't found much reason for emphasis
on speed aboce 20 KHz.

The Alephs generally slew at 15 V/uS, and if you have a power
bandwidth issue, it may relate to the slew rate, which is easily
checked with a square wave.

:cool:

Dear Sir,

Very happy for your reply, attach is the 20KHz Sin-wave, What I can do? thanks you very much.

B.R.
Edwin

Attachments

• 20khz-waveform.jpg
    20khz-waveform.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 607
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Assuming that it does not do this at lower frequencies, then
I think the current source is being overcompensated, or you
might have a wrong resistor value in the current source. Check
the capacitor next to the npn transistor, perhaps removing it
altogether.

Dear Sir,

Thanks your suggestion, I try to increase the Bias current to 4Amp, the output power can be increase to around 60W@8ohm, for low frequency eg. 1KHz it is not problem occus. it can deliver 100@8ohm & 196W@4 ohm. that mean the bias level can affect the high frequency response.

Anyway could you point out which component you suggect I can check first? the schematic was attached, thank you very much

B.R.
Edwin

It looks like the constant current source cannot supply enough current at the peak fast enough. Increasing bias provides higher power indicates this too.

Mr. Pass has already suggested to remove the .001 cap (C7 in the original circuit. It seems you did attach your schematic successfully.) That may help. If not, try to adjust 681 resistor (R21) and see.

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your help, my Aleph-2 is back to normal, I set to 3A bias current, input a 20KHz signal it can deliver 66W@8ohm load.
because I remove the 0.01uF cap. thanks a lot.

otherwise due to Nelson Pas not given permission to post the A-2 schematic, the Diyaudio webmaster already delete the schematic.

B.R.
Edwin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.