Threshold NS10 mods

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everybody,

be kind with me, it's my first post in the "Pass Labs" forum, I've always been a thermionic man :D

Anyway, I have a friend who has a Threshold NS10, and since he isn't signed up here, he asked me to post his question.

He would like to know if there are any useful mods to the circuit. I wouldn't think so, since I admire Nelson Pass circuits, and I think there isn't room for mods (since the designer may have already optimized the circuit).

He heard about a mod in the power supply, or something: he already has replaced ALL the electrolytic capacitor with Elna Cerafine, and replaced the input and output connectors.

I searched and found this:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16747&highlight=

So, does someone has any idea, or do you think the project is already perfect in itself.

Thank you very much in advance.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Giaime said:
Hello everybody...................

Giaime
let your friend do what Papa sez;
for further info (fun ,amusing ...) look in few threads about NS10;
possible improvement can be implementation of shunt reg in PS,but that demands other xformer (probably in dedicated case,with umbilical)
and few other things;
let us know what your friend decided..
btw-almost to forget,NS10 is crappy piece of history,nothing more;
I can arrange local pick-up,and I'll do proper disposal operation.....
:devilr:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
same answer for SL10

replacing all elcos
combined series preregs with separate local shunt regs

Attachments

• sl10-sch.jpg
    sl10-sch.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 545
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Giaime said:

Hello dear friend,

could you give me more details? I can't see any regulator in the schematic you attached.

that's presumably origigi schematic ; in lower part you can see 7815 and 7915 regs

constructing nice shunt reg (meaning 317 and 337 as series main regs,then locally placed CCS + shunt reg for each stage) is little complex task without exact gadget in front of me
I need some data ,especially current consumption for each stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.