A good book for beginners!?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been studying a handful of electronic/transistor application books, but with regards to the FET, none of the authors reflect the in-depth capabilities of this device as does Nelson.

I truly wish that Nelson would author a publication that breaks down the steps towards utilizing the FET -- I mean, show me what's really important, how to use it, and why certain "tricks" are of value.

The problem with me exploring all the Zen exercises is that I can't tell what's essential to know, and why. There's a lot of researching involved. I can't get my mind around all the facts. I value the simple things -- like the various way to bias up an FET, side by side comparisons, what works best for which purpose...

I realize that everything Nelson writes is important, but I could benefit from his condensing of the facts, and perhaps several hundred examples of how to use ohm's law when calculating various amplifier operating points. Best of all, there's that charming, folksy atmosphere that Nelson creates.

I'd be willing to pay a hundred bucks for that gem. :) And that's no joke!

John

If you can get it at the library or secondhand, this textbook is an interesting read:

Design of Analog CMOS Integrated Circuits
Prof Behzad Razavi, UCLA.
ISBN 0-07-238032-2.

1/2 of the 700 pages book could just as well go under the header discrete, and covers several aspects of (MOSFET) amplifier design.
Maybe not the next best thing for the formula squeemish.
Having had feedback systems, advanced linear algebra and/or stuff like system dynamics or higher math classes probably makes it a lot easier because of recognising the notations by their shape alone.

Yeah, i'll buy NPs book, and i want complementary autographed slippers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.