Beginning my aleph 30

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
biginning my aleph 30

Hello ,
after the citation 12, I just got started on this aleph 30, I am at the biginning of the construction,so I will post some picts over here just to show progression...
I may need your help and advises regarding to the trimmings (if any...?) of the amp during the firing process!
have fun:D
Vince

Attachments

• aleph30.2.jpg
    aleph30.2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,641
Thanks guys;)
well I spent about 8 weeks over the web for suppliers, and finally 10 of them from the whole material and accessories and components from en electronic engeneer that retired and sold all he had in his basement, needless to say that I have enough transistors for the rest of my life:D
anyway I discovered that a society called richardson here in France also makes them...)
will add some new picts tomorrow:cool:

looks like Chocky has already resumed what comments my girlfriend will make when this monster will pop up in the living room:hot:
a test this aleph has to run good, far from the damping factor is the wife acceptance factor :D just a big heavy glass plate on it , some leds here and there...and you have a neat , modern table for coctails and living room sittings:eek: :D
Vince

Hi guys,
here is the work of the day...sorry for the small low res picts, but will corect that soon:) I'll insert Brian GT gain cards tomorrow,
by the way, did anyone detect any problem with the aleph 30 when cards were far from the fets? I may get about 4 inch long cable for the gates wire , actually about the shortest I can do...may that be critical regarding oscillation of the fets?
Vince

Attachments

• aleph top1.jpg
    aleph top1.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 985
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.