DIY Gene on eBay - Aleph 5 boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
banzas said:
I received the pcbs, they are very well made, the schematic is a copy of aleph, they replaced the mpsa18 with 42, and had more two final outputs fets than the original sch. The delay protection is simple but efective.
Here you can see my last tube SE project enjoy!
tubes: 211, 300b, 6sn7, Amp, PSU 5u4 and 3B28 xenon rectifier

OK,banzas;
he obviously ripped NP;
so-now can be your turn:

scan schematic with protection,scan pcb and publish both here,so DIY community can have some benefit ;

off course-if NP don't have complains against that.......in that case mods can delete posts

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:

I agree, lets rip the ripper and send him an email with a link to this thread:D

Steen:devilr:

talking about ripping.....
what you think-what is fair,I repeat-fair, price for pair of Oly's Babelfish pcbs?

I have few requests for pcbs,even with published pdf.....
I really don't want to rip NP's IP in any ( at least commercial ) way,but I'm also aware that Oly's work must be rewarded in some way......

hehe...I certainly will not make any parallel with your generous reward ;)

Be a good eBayer and report the listing.

Scroll to the bottom of the auction page, click "Report this item" and fill out the questions.

Once eBay sees a handful of complaints, they will investigate.

Attachments

• report.png
    report.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 2,039
fair, price for pair of Oly's Babelfish pcbs?
I would say at least in the pricerange of a pair of KK-boards. Since the Babbelfish boards are handmade, probably 1 set at the time its not even that small a work. Besides that, Oly is a wiz making boards. They are superb. Since its him making the boards, he should be payed a fair price for the work. Its hard to put a price on them. Determining factor is, if you and Oly feel its worthwhile.

Steen:)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:

I would say at least in the pricerange of a pair of KK-boards. Since the Babbelfish boards are handmade, probably 1 set at the time its not even that small a work. Besides that, Oly is a wiz making boards. They are superb. Since its him making the boards, he should be payed a fair price for the work. Its hard to put a price on them. Determining factor is, if you and Oly feel its worthwhile.

Steen:)

tnx steen........I have same opinion regarding that,even if I know that I'll have difficulties to force Oly to take any sum of money from me.....he thinks about that as personal favor to me,but I don't want to abuse his good will .......

anyway.....do you like xmass present from me ;) ?

at least beginning of entire present...... :devilr:

Gene pcbs

Hi Everybody,
I already test the boards, they are well made double side and for the price...I saw the brian pcbs and the kris, they are nice but the chinese version is much better in design and components place.DC proctection works well. The amp works as expected, but I made some modifications, R19 to set the Bias correct value for the 8 IRFs, and the 47nf cap, this cap is problematic component because the amp work better without or with small value like 4n7 to 16n, the high frquency has distortion at high levels more than 18v (25KHZ) if you set the right cap you can had more bandwith. At 10HZ you can achived 24V at 8ohms before clip. About ac current gain it hasn't no problem. i am going to perform the audio test and will see, the distortion was about 1% at 20V 8ohm. with HP334A (DC rail +/-36V)
About DC protection, the schematic is simple and effective but in the paper is not correct. So I think that does not waste my time to scan it.

Status
Not open for further replies.