Not open for further replies.
777 said:

777 just left the room.

777 decided to buy a PCB from diygene.

They:grouphug: get my vote.

Equality, fairness and freedom.

:wave:
:wave2:

Equality has nothing to do with this, if you are truly into Equality you should send your equipment to someone whom can't afford their own.
Fairness, how is profiting of Nelson's IP fair?
Freedom, Nelson is also free to keep his IP to himself. People like you will force him to do so

Its just dawned on me that I am waisting my time with you, If you want to deal with a gene go right ahead I hope that the saying "what comes around goes around" applies to you.

For people who want to help others rather than make a profit I have never seen a case where Nelson does not give his blessing.

I personally am very grateful for his willingness to share his knowledge amongst those like me that are more interested in learning than profiting. HIFI is a hobby to me, i assume its a business for you.

Sorry guys Equality made me feed the troll!

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Stones said:
Freedom, Nelson is also free to keep his IP to himself. People like
you will force him to do so.

Personally I think this is a particularly important point. It's not so much
a question of people stealing from me, as I can prevent that with
less effort than I expend now putting information out there.

You would be surprised how many people come to me to help them
with their bootleg projects because they can't get support from the
bootlegger. I won't be surprised if 777 is among them.

To make it easy to be legitimate, we are re-implementing a program of
offering authorized supported boards and parts. It will take a little
while to get it rolling, but we'll see what kind of snowball we can make.

:cool:

I can see how that could help but the extra work could be a problem. One idea that comes to mind is, think about using board members to take orders (you could setup your web page to send the order out) and post parts for you.
I for one would be more than willing to help, I am sure there would be may others who would help support this.

Good on you Nelson, if you can't beat them ,then join them with all guns blazing.

I for one would rather buy a genuine NP PCB then deal with these underhand, dodgy web sites usually based in China and SE Asia.

Stock up your Pass DIY store for all the genuine people on this forum that would be very happy to purchase various items direct from the master himself. I bet you will need to employ people to service the orders you would receive. I would be the first amongst them.

Keep us informed Nelson, and keep up the good work you do in the commercial world as well as the support you give to many people on this forum.

Great work.

Gary..

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
grollins,
*****While you may have some interests in “absolutely everything”, I appreciate your concern, but since I don’t share your dream of becoming a prized poodle, I must reject your annotation as being utterly stupid.

“Stones”
“Equality has nothing to do with this, if you are truly into Equality you should send your equipment to someone whom can't afford their own.”

****Frankly, In fact this is one of my favorite hobbies.

NP –The one and only
I am designer long time and people steal my design every day. Big deal. I can design another. And after another, another one.
When you publish your work online you can’t have control what people can and can't do with your work. According to law if you publish your scheme online and somebody just replaces one or two resistor in this scheme, this is not your design.
Like you know around the world young guys build amplifier because they can afford to buy one. If you think about your IP in DIY, if you are so sensitive, just stop this. Do It Yourself DIY funeral. From Australia to Italy, around the world, young and pure boys dream about building amplifier. Most of these boys can’t buy component to build an amplifier. I would appreciate if you send your free PCB to this people.
Display your name in a fun and stylish way! ... For those young and young at heart, to put the sparkles back where they belong!

Oh, by the way, this is nothing in connection with “diygene”(poor guy).

I think “777” this is nothing more than a joke with your prized poodle on this forum.

:cool: ...........:)

Trolls that can't troll properly are amusing.

I'm sorry, I just doubled over and rolled around in laughter.

777:

' I am in search for a good amp schematic. I would also like to find good PCB design for this amp. I think about Aleph 5.'

'I am long time designer'

Oh really...

PS

I have never met a single designer who is not bothered by bootleggers (let alone one who encourages them).

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
hahahaa
How can you tell which one of the women is married?

Boys can't take a joke, throw rocks at them.
:D

As you see, more often than not, the joke turns into a rambling story after which the boy not telling the joke would say “I don’t get it."

:)

If you really NEED aleph google "search".:bigeyes:

:cool:

The thought of Ebay flooded by certified amp boards just doubled me over.
(the Pulitzer poodle comment was fun too)

Attachments

• mad_dogs_and_englishmen.jpg
    mad_dogs_and_englishmen.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 433

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
jacco vermeulen said:

Right, being poor makes everything legit.
The most lame excuse in the book, DIYgene is Robin in the Hood who steals from the rich to give to...himself !

And you are Don Quijote de la Mancha!

Relax yourself. You can’t change the world.

So I was sitting on the couch early this morning loving the fact that I was going to get to drink the entire pot of coffee in my “jammie”. This is important.

GRollins said:
This blustering comparison of circuit theft to killing wears thin.
I call it the "I was bad, but I wasn't as bad as I could have been" defense. The steps go like this:
1) Sure, there's a profit made on the circuits
2) But it's not as bad as killing someone
3) Therefore, since it's not as bad as killing someone, it's scarcely a crime...in fact it's no crime at all

Not that much will come of this thread & I agree it should be locked/closed based on the current regression, but there are some gems among the posts...

Got a laugh out of Grey's steps above, probably because it's the thought process for too many individuals (IOW too true + incarnations like "I cheat on my taxes but at least I'm not as bad as Kenneth Lay," etc.). Ehh, maybe we can just blame modern media for making sure we hear all the dirt:)

"What comes around goes around" reminded me what I found when I was considering buying a GG preamp. Bottom like is that Transcendent's offering is the best deal going but how's this for laughs:

1) Tubes4hifi just happens to have an authentic GGP for sale back in Jan. Seems the poor guy just has too many preamps:)

2) Lo and behold, 5 months later he offers identical GGP clone PCBs

3) BUT, it gets better. It *looks* like whomever was commissioned to produce the boards opens their own shop (with lots of other goodies).

4) The poster "jjaudio" pops up EVERYWHERE trumpeting these boards

5) And let's not leave out ebay (hong kong) Only one likely making any $$$s off the escapade is this root producer.

And that's not an open-sourced circuit AFAIK, it was reverse-engineered. Best bit is that if you added up all the costs (board, parts, case, shipping, etc.), Transcendent still appears to be the deal & certainly the ethical one.

Fun, fun, fun!

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
OK, this thread has reached my tolerance of pointlessness.

As in most things in the world there isn't a perfect way to go.
Few things are black and white.

But it's easy for us in the management here: We just ask Nelson Pass which groups he feels are abusing his IP and we don't allow them to promote here.

Clearly there is little chance of any useful points being made, judging from what haas been posted to this point so I'm shutting 'er down

:captain:

Status
Not open for further replies.