DIY Gene on eBay - Aleph 5 boards - Page 12 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 28th August 2008, 08:32 AM   #111
poynton is offline poynton  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Location: A life on the ocean waves when I'm not at home in N. Wales (but I'm not Welsh so no sheep jokes!)

Old 28th August 2008, 09:26 AM   #112
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Quote:
Originally posted by 777
Poor guy sell PCB on ebay.
Right, being poor makes everything legit.
The most lame excuse in the book, DIYgene is Robin in the Hood who steals from the rich to give to...himself !

Old 28th August 2008, 10:18 AM   #113
777 is offline 777  Japan
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by jacco vermeulen

Right, being poor makes everything legit.
The most lame excuse in the book, DIYgene is Robin in the Hood who steals from the rich to give to...himself !
And you are Don Quijote de la Mancha!

Relax yourself. You can’t change the world.

So I was sitting on the couch early this morning loving the fact that I was going to get to drink the entire pot of coffee in my “jammie”. This is important.

Old 28th August 2008, 07:07 PM   #114
cfcubed is offline cfcubed  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GRollins
This blustering comparison of circuit theft to killing wears thin.
I call it the "I was bad, but I wasn't as bad as I could have been" defense. The steps go like this:
1) Sure, there's a profit made on the circuits
2) But it's not as bad as killing someone
3) Therefore, since it's not as bad as killing someone, it's scarcely a crime...in fact it's no crime at all
Not that much will come of this thread & I agree it should be locked/closed based on the current regression, but there are some gems among the posts...

Got a laugh out of Grey's steps above, probably because it's the thought process for too many individuals (IOW too true + incarnations like "I cheat on my taxes but at least I'm not as bad as Kenneth Lay," etc.). Ehh, maybe we can just blame modern media for making sure we hear all the dirt

"What comes around goes around" reminded me what I found when I was considering buying a GG preamp. Bottom like is that Transcendent's offering is the best deal going but how's this for laughs:

1) Tubes4hifi just happens to have an authentic GGP for sale back in Jan. Seems the poor guy just has too many preamps

2) Lo and behold, 5 months later he offers identical GGP clone PCBs

3) BUT, it gets better. It *looks* like whomever was commissioned to produce the boards opens their own shop (with lots of other goodies).

4) The poster "jjaudio" pops up EVERYWHERE trumpeting these boards

5) And let's not leave out ebay (hong kong) Only one likely making any $$$s off the escapade is this root producer.

And that's not an open-sourced circuit AFAIK, it was reverse-engineered. Best bit is that if you added up all the costs (board, parts, case, shipping, etc.), Transcendent still appears to be the deal & certainly the ethical one.

Fun, fun, fun!

Old 28th August 2008, 07:09 PM   #115
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

OK, this thread has reached my tolerance of pointlessness.

As in most things in the world there isn't a perfect way to go.
Few things are black and white.

But it's easy for us in the management here: We just ask Nelson Pass which groups he feels are abusing his IP and we don't allow them to promote here.

Clearly there is little chance of any useful points being made, judging from what haas been posted to this point so I'm shutting 'er down

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!