Need help building First Watt F1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have decided to take a shot at building a First Watt F1 since I cant really afford a real one. I am not very good at understanding schematics but I have plenty of soldering experience. I feel confident that I could build one without much trouble if I had access to a complete parts list and pcb express files for the left and right amplifier boards along with the power supply. Can someone help me out? I would greatly appreciate it.

I would but I don't know how to make my own pcbs so that’s why I'm asking if someone has any pcb express files so I can just order them. I am sure I won’t have any problems putting it together once I have some pcbs and know what parts to order. I am just intimidated by the whole electronic aspect of this.

It is so simple that you don't really need a PCB just do P2P (point to point).

I have build 2 channels on some prototype board without any problems. Just mount the transistors on the heatsinks and go from there.

They sound so much better with my fostex, than my snubberized regulated non inverting gain clone did. Such a long name and then it doesn't even sound than good, but then there is the F1. Such a short name with such a good sound.. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.