Status
Not open for further replies.
Full clone with LED dotmatrix, remore control and relay volume control

Attachments

• testing.jpg
    testing.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,799
Steen,

> This one smells like another Chinese copy company, selling Mr. Pass's property.

In Europe, we have a very decent practice which says innocent until proven guilty. Please show us some proof that he is selling anything.

There are enough people here copying Pass circuits, chassis, etc. If my memory still functions properly, the 1st one who showed pictures of a whole stack of Pass XA look-alike chasses was someone from the US, and he did offer to sell them for 800 USD here on the forum. I did not remeber he got criticised.

Double standard ?

Patrick

I don' t want to talk about business but just sharing my excitement of finishing my P1.7 here -- Pass labs forum

The display is made of six 8x8 led dotmatrix, driven by 74hc595
The main control is AT89c51 which handle with the relay volume and input selector also.

Attachments

• frontpanel5.jpg
    frontpanel5.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,290
While a certain amount of healthy suspicion is sometimes welcome, the thread starter clearly stated that no business is involved so I encourage everybody to continue a friendly technical discussion. If heyj would be so kind to share some schematics, I believe there is a lot to learn for many of us.
At least I'd like to see the relay volume control.

/Hugo

"the thread starter clearly stated that no business is involved "

Actually, what he said is this:

"I don' t want to talk about business "

Not wanting to talk about business is nothing like having no
business involved. The two things are completely different.

Lets stop pussy-footing around. THis is the question:

"How many copies of the amp are you making?"

If the answer is "1", then it's a nice job, although I find it odd
that it's in a chassis that says "Pass Labs X1" on it and it is
made to look like an X1 even though it is not an X1 and it is
not a Pass Labs product. This is one thing people are objecting
to.

If the answer is ">1" then go away. We don't want you here.

Formerly "jh6you". R.I.P.
Joined 2006
Guys,

I hardly think that the picture on post#01 is beautiful.
From Nelson Pass's point of view, it is a clean copy of his commercial product. How can you so loudly say that the picture is beautiful, meanwhile expecting Nelson Pass's good advices every day? Do you think the mind behind the picture is so beautiful . . . ?

:bs:

We could enjoy Nelson Pass's projects by doing diy, and most cases he encourages us for it . . . But, there are few things we have to think about by ourselves and we should avoid. I believe that Nelson Pass has the same emotion as we have . . .

This thread is really UGLY . . . !!!

:mad:

:cop: There is no proof whatsoever of malicious intend, only assumptions. It is wrong to attack heyj if this is what he worked on for his own pleasure.
This amp is very nice build and therefore leaves room for doubt.
Any further accusation of commercial intends can be addressed to me, just click my email button. All additional off topic posts will end in Texas. :cop:

Now heyj, what about a schematic? :)

/Hugo

Formerly "jh6you". R.I.P.
Joined 2006
Netlist said:
:cop: There is no proof whatsoever of malicious intend, only assumptions. It is wrong to attack heyj if this is what he worked on for his own pleasure.
This amp is very nice build and therefore leaves room for doubt.
Any further accusation of commercial intends can be addressed to me, just click my email button. All additional off topic posts will end in Texas. :cop:

Now heyj, what about a schematic? :)

/Hugo

Thanks and respect your intelligent consideration.

I also would like to see the schematics of the control
as I want to learn how to make my preamp having a remote control.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.