Pwer supply for ZV9

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I was considering using this supply to drive a pair of ZV9 amps. Is this a good way to go? What do you all think of it. It costs just a little more than 2 toroidal transformers from Toroid.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/MASTECH-DUAL-DC...ryZ32720QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The specs are good. One thing that bothers me is that it has a fan. Don't know how noisy it might be. Another concern is, I do not know how many thousand micro farads of capacitors I can use on the supply before the supply refuses to come on.

Dual adjustable outputs: 0-50V and 0-5A
Line regulation: CV <= 0.01% + 2 mV, CC <= 0.2% + 2 mA
Load Regulation: CV <= 0.01% + 3mV, CC <= 0.2% + 3 mA
Ripple noise: CV <= 0.5 mV RMS, CC <= 3 mA RMS

I know, I should be building one, but I am cheating:devilr:

Thanks,
Dinesh

Hi everybody,

64 views and still no response?:bigeyes: :(

Obviously there are not too many people who have built a ZEN, much less use a bench supply and nobody used a Mastech?

Let me ask this slightly differently, anybody used a Mastech supply for any purpose, if so what do you think of it? Better still have you used it on an Amp?

Thanks,
DInesh

64 views and still no response?
Dinesh, here is one response: I would never use a thing like that.
A simple supply consisting of "trafo-rectifier-smoothing caps" is perfectly suited to drive a poweramp. Its very fast and delivers the needed current on demand.
That Lab supply might be good enough for testing purposes though;)

Steen:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.