Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th July 2006, 01:45 AM   #1
XELB is offline XELB  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Cool supersymmetry, physical theory ?

Hey guys.
This is a little off topic but it's curious

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supersymmetry

Quote:
In particle physics, supersymmetry (often abbreviated SUSY) is a physical theory which proposes a physical symmetry between bosons and fermions (also called supersymmetry). In supersymmetric theories, every fundamental fermion has a bosonic superpartner and vice versa. Assumption of supersymmetry mitigates and explains several problems in the Standard Model of particle physics; it also introduces complications of its own.

Supersymmetry was orginally developed in the 1970s by the research group of Jonathan I. Segal at MIT; at the same time Daniel Laufferty at Tufts University proposed a similar idea. It was also independently discovered by Soviet theorists Gol'fand and Likhtman. Although it first arose in the context of string theory, the mathematical structure of supersymmetry has subsequently been applied successfully to other areas of physics ranging from quantum mechanics to classical statistical physics. It remains a vital part of many proposed theories of physics.

As of 2006 there is no direct experimental evidence that supersymmetry exists in the real world. However, there is some indirect evidence which suggests that supersymmetry may be found at energies not too far above those accessible by today's particle accelerators. By the year 2007 the Large Hadron Collider at CERN should be ready for use, producing high-energy particle collisions that may be sufficient to reveal superpartner particles.
They also call it SUSY

My question is, Nelson Pass knows this similarity ?
Both use the same name.... I think we can call it a supersymmetry similarity!
SUSYS here's an ideia for a next amp technology hehehehehe

Chears
Old 14th July 2006, 02:11 AM   #2
Blues is offline Blues  United States
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

"As of 2006 there is no direct experimental evidence that supersymmetry exists in the real world. However, there is some indirect evidence which suggests that supersymmetry may be found at energies not too far above those accessible by today's particle accelerators. By the year 2007 the Large Hadron Collider at CERN should be ready for use, producing high-energy particle collisions that may be sufficient to reveal superpartner particles."

We in audio know for a long time now that real working examples of SuSy come from PassLabs

NP has a degree in Physics from UCalifornia Davis, I've read somewhere here.
Old 14th July 2006, 05:46 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Quote:
My question is, Nelson Pass knows this similarity ?
Obviously he does Last sentence of the header of the SuSy article at http://www.passlabs.com/articles.htm

Cheers

Hide this!Advertise here!