New High-quality Attenuator ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you looking for a high cost-effective attenuator,
I recommend the new one from Allnic audio, Korea.
This is fourty-one steps silver contact precision rotary switch attenuator and they used the non-inductive SMD resisters.
There are 10K and 100K ohm attenuator for both stereo and balanced mode. The cost is around the 70 USD for stereo and 140 USD for balanced except for shipping fee.

You can see more information : http://www.allnicaudio.co.kr/

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

protos,

The DACT attenuator was my 2nd choice. However they didn't make a 5Kohm balanced version. Also the the blank Electroswitches were on sale at $30 each (still kicking myself for not buying more). But even at today's price of $60 usd, it's by miles cheaper than the DACT.

BTW, isn't gold too soft for contact switching? What thickness is the gold electroplating on them?

BQ

Nice Job, BQ!:bigeyes:

I especially like the hedgehoglike picture :D

Marc

Attachments

• attenuator_resistors_side.jpg
    attenuator_resistors_side.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,695
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I wonder if Allnic would make us a special order of 5k switches? I feel a special order coming on!!!!

I remember Nelson specced a 5k for the Bosoz, and also showed that you can just short the plus and minus legs together to attenuate them. That way all you need is a stereo (2 deck switch)
to control 2 channels. Are these statements true?

Is the x-bosoz the same? ie is 5k the required pot value?

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
They sure look the same. And both being from Korea makes it seem even more likely.

I sure want one, and would try to organize a group buy to save effort and postage, but won't really get to making my preamp for a good six months and have lots of other DIY expenses. I hope someone else gives it a try- if not you'll hear from me in six months!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.