Active Noise Cancellation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes I guessed that might be the case, but it could also have been that you just wanted to solve a noise problem. One never knows, sometimes people look in the wrong place for solutions.

I don't know much about active noise cancellation, but I would guess it might be quite difficult with the type of noise you typically get from a fan. But that's mostly speculation from my side.

I've sometimes wondered if it would be possible to use such techniques to make noisy neighbours more tolerable. :)

Well, I don't know why an audably challenged person like myself would even be on this forum but, http://www.gennum.com/audio/index.htm You might start here:D :D :D The hearing-aide people make several devices you may be able to use... The simplist is ussually done with out of phase microphones. They go all the way to radical DSP solutions..
Otherwise, many headphone units for shooting and loud situations are on the market...
Just some idea's;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.