D1 I/V with TDA 1541A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I put 82 ohm resistors and connected the amp. The result is nothing. Input reciever is locked on signal from the cd-transport but nothing is out from the dac. I'll have to dismantle the entire dac and check it.

Does anybody have have any idea what could be wrong?

Did you read the data sheet to determine the correct I/V resistor? I think the 1543 uses 1k. If the chips are similar, 82r would be a little low and might not make enough voltage. You also might have to set the current on the dac with another resistor to Aground. Sorry if this is not helpful, I don't have the data sheet in front of me.

I fixed my dac.
D1 I/V works but another problem came up. At full level (0 dB) positive swing is 2.3V but negative is clipped at -1V. When music is played, this clipping can be heard, and it can burn the tweeters in speakers.

Any suggestions how to fix this ?

I was also thinking about the D1 output stage but was impressed with passive I/V so I thought that i might wait.. . . Ok waited long enough.

If the dac chip requires a reference voltage (for bias) of 2/3 Vcc, roughly 2.5 volts, do you need to keep the same bias circuit that already exists on the dac board? Or, do you bias the D1 with its potentiometers at 2.5 and connect to the dac chip?

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.