Naked pictures of Pass

No I’m not looking for blackmail photos of NP to get a free X1000 :)

I wonder if anyone has any images of the insides of some of Pass Labs products? HFN is one magazine that typically prints photos of products naked (ie without their covers on), however I have yet to track down any of Pass'. I am interested how designers physically layout a product as I believe poor layout can have a great impact on overall sound quality.

I know Pass Labs puts a great deal of effort into the exterior finish of the products, and I’m sure there are many valuable lessons to be learnt by studying the insides as well.

Cheers,

Pete

Photos of the Great Mr. Nelson Pass

While, I have no interest in seeing Mr. Nelson Pass in the buff, I would like the pleasure of be able to put a face to the many writings and posts that this gentleman has submitted to the public. I searched the net for a picture and came up with a blamk. I have seen pictures of many of the other great influences on the audio arena including, Rod Elliott, Mr. Linkwitz, Lynn Olson just too name a few. It would be great to be able do say the for Mr. Pass.

Mr. Pass and many others need to be commended for their willingness to post on the Internet their hard earned ideas and concepts for one and all to learn from, copy, praise, condemn, experiment with, and build and ultimately enjoy. The DIY community would not be as informed or as technically advanced without the contributions of these men and women.

Surf, Sun & Sound

If I remember correctly there is a picture of Nelson Pass
standing next to a speaker in an issue of Stereophile from the mid 1980's I think.I think he was being interviewed and speaker was called something like Hill Plasmatronics.I'm sure he said it generated argon.
ray.

Here's some pics from Sept.1993 issue of exklusiv HIFI of Aleph 0. I picked that magazine on my bike trip to Europe. Each night, after I set my tent I was browsing through the pages and making plans how to built my amps. The schematic for A75 was published and it seemed like the best thing around. I could only dream about somehow getting schematic for Aleph 0. You guys are living in much better times.;)
This chassiss has been the inspiration for my A75 amp. It also looks like the amp has more output devices than the current schematic shows.

Attachments

• a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 2,650
1995, two years later .......

Peter Daniel said:
Here's some pics from Sept.1993 issue of exklusiv HIFI of Aleph 0. I picked that magazine on my bike trip to Europe. Each night, after I set my tent I was browsing through the pages and making plans how to built my amps. The schematic for A75 was published and it seemed like the best thing around. I could only dream about somehow getting schematic for Aleph 0. You guys are living in much better times.;)
This chassiss has been the inspiration for my A75 amp. It also looks like the amp has more output devices than the current schematic shows.
And 1995, two years later ....

- Project Gallery: A75 monoblocks -
"Please find inclosed pictures of my A75 monoblocks. I built them in 1995. The chassis is made of 1/4" anodized aluminum. You can see some influence of Alephs design."
http://www.passdiy.com/gallery/a75-p7.htm

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.