Question for Papa

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
few thoughts/dilemmas and/or silly questions .........

my Babelfish J is in final stage - pcbs populated,small 800VA donut and 20 pieces of 10000/35 are in drawer,along with two EI 9mH/5A/0,2ohms chokes.... ;also 4 pieces of big Alu nubs,with nice and lazy Papst....... what I wait is last effort from my carpenter friend ,who make nice Oak cab for this nice amp......... ;)

dilemmas are .....hm,more than few.... :
even if I have 'nuff LUs with me,I'm not too much interested right now ,just because I have more then enough already rusty real triodes...also my LR EQ-ed honkin' mega iron all triode (or all triode connected pentode ;) ) phono preamp is waaay too long just waiting for my free or spare time.........

ok-to just cut already long story :

in your ( hehe-still ) valuable opinion-is it worthwhile chasing Susy Babelfish J ? "worthwhile" meaning- chase is awarded with same amount in sound benefits as in quadrated pleasure of just enjoying a new trip........?
(not as next iteration of this,almost finished "plain" Babelfish J,but as new,other ,J based ,X30 and J inspired Susy amp.... hehe-this Babelfish J is nice to have,not just because I like all my diy amps....and I like them because I build them for learning mostly,not because I don't have "good enough one".........)

huh,what's happening when Tarzan wander through civilization....he certainly try to make language constructions like my humbleness in this moment.... ;)

Susy Babel J- few amps of Iq, say twice 15-20V in output stage(s) (my main spks now are 16 ohms) ,off course with Aleph CCS on top and .....rest is obvious.....
?

now I expect typical one-liner answer ( if any ) with 10 words max :devilr:

not that I don't have more questions regarding that Aleph topology implemented in Susy skin,per instance -is it feedback more global or is it still in (must be weak if Aleph output is used) Front End.......etc,but don't take me serious ,I'm not here to steal anything from anybody ;)

like always

grateful ZM aka Choky

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Nelson Pass said:
Bad Choky, edited your question to spoil my answer

:cool:

where's that cursin' smiley when I need them most ;)

I didn't edited bloody noootin'

this time even haiku , (or Malarme) is little child comparing to Papa's hermetic approach to bread crumbs or one-liners............
I hope that you will burn in hell ....hehe.....just imagine that SOUND with that amount of DISSIPATION in this place......!!!!!!!!!!

in any case- see ya there!

:clown: :devilr:

ok-please-give me some,half serious answer:

enjoy the trip or
there will be slice of Graal ,really.....

comparing to babel ?

nota bene-trip is always more important to me,but who can make me to not be curious

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I just realized that this topic can be titled more precisely-"Question for Papa(and his grandchild (Gray) ) :devilr: .........

edit: I'm now reading ,for first time ,that jumbo "Aleph-X" thread.......some answers are there,some are (still ) not........
why I have that nasty/wonderful habit for reinventing the wheel.......?

nah, plain copy-ing is so boring ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.