Mr. Pass a question for you re: nakamichi pa7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know It has probably been a while dince you have revisited the nakamichi pa7 but I have just recently purchased one and was wondering if I could ask you a couple of questions.
Regarding the protection circuit changes done to the early pa-7's is this information, and or parts still available?
Is this the primary difference between the mkI and the MKII models of the pa7?
I assume that this beauty, although functioning fine could probably benefit greatly from a thorough re-cap, I was wondering If you can tell me of any other mods/alterations you may have experienced/heard that I would be well advised to look into.
I read somewhere (web) that nakamichi custom sourced many caps so replacement may be hard? (what manufacturer would you use today?)
I am sorry to ask so many questions of such a busy, important man such as yourself.
I don't have tons of money (as I work as a tech for a school district) or anything, so it took me a while to get the $$ for the pa-7 but I do have the desire and want knowledge of of how to best work on it to bring back out all the potential mr Pass designed into it to make it be the best amp that it can be.
Do you still have any lingering artifacts from the time/wayback machine on the pa7?
Thanks and my apologies about the length of this query.
Warmest wishes,
Tal Forquer

BTW email is : forquermt@billings.k12.mt.us

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Unfortunately I don't know the answer to many of your
questions. I don't know the details to the protection circuits,
since the only schematic I have seen was the first iteration and
I don't recall any circuits aside from fuses. As to the changes
between the Mk1 and II, the only change I know about is the
supply decoupling for the front end circuit.

I do have a few pics of the Nak brochures on

www.passlabs.com/threshold/japan

Thank you sir, for the reply!(amazingly fast as well)
Thanks for the links to the great pages!
I don't have huge sums of technical knowledge but have lots of hands on experience recapping and unit production assembly from component level.
I shall search on...........
One day I hope to be able to afford one of your current designs but am thrilled to finally at least own one.
Thanks.
Warmest wishes,
Tal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.