My Integrated X-Bosoz and A30

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, I have been building an A30 for about a year. A little bit here, and a little bit there. I also have an X-Bosoz built, but not in a case. I decided a few weeks ago to get these things going to power my Klipsche's. About time I think.

So, I made up a frame out of some 3/8" aluminum bar stock (two 12x12.75 rectangles) and will bolt the heatsinks to it. Front and rear panels will be .090 aluminum, but the front piece will sit inside a 1.25" think piece of walnut. Top will be again, aluminum sheet with walnut on top of it. Large rectangular vent holes will be covered inside with heavy brass screen. Bottom will be brass screen. The circuit boards will ride on cross members running across the frame, and the various trafos (2 - 400VA 16Vx2 for A30) will ride on vertical members behind the front panel.

Anyway, I was test fitting the A30 bits, looked over at the x-bosoz, and bing. No seperate case for the x-bosoz. Also included will be a balanced darwin source selector and a joshua tree balanced attenuator.

I won't need the dual outs of the darwin, so just two knobs on the walnut front, volume and source. Will have 6 sets of XLR inputs. Will also use MaxHawk's soft power switch (red led).

Should be done in a few weeks!! Finally ;)

some pics....

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I shoudl point out that the only non-wood working tool I have used so far is a hacksaw to rough cut the copper, as it doesn;t play too well with the tablesaw.

The aluminum frame was cut on a chopsaw and the panels will be cut on my tablesaw. I think if people knew how easy it was, more would be making metal cases.

EDIT: well, i did use a milling machine to face mill the copper, but didn;t really have to ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.