Aleph x resistors values - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th May 2006, 08:29 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Aleph x resistors values

hello, I tried to search in forum but didnt find- why on all versions few resitors values are always diferent. I will be using 16 irf 244 Fets per channle with 22V rails and 11A bias. what value I should use?
thanks in advance..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg axresistor.jpg (75.7 KB, 326 views)
Old 28th May 2006, 09:50 AM   #2
Luke is offline Luke  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Luke
Hi elviukai,

this spreadsheet will help you I think from memory Version 3b calculates power incorrect, use Version 3A.
You really need to use duncans psu simulator to get some idea what your final rails will be under load, especially with 11 amps bias.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...481#post275481
Old 28th May 2006, 10:27 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi Luke thanks for excel calculations. I already have 2 versions of them. unfortunately they do not tell whay they using one or other value of resistors wihich I marketed I am not electronic engineer and woul be nice getting nice start point. I noticed that in higher power versions it lowers from 4.7kohm to 3.3kohm. what theese resistors doing?
Old 28th May 2006, 11:31 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hi,

these 10k resistors set the gain of the amp. You can leave them as they are (togheter with the 100k resistors).
Some people changed the gain by changing the 100k to 150k (x15=23.5dB instead of x10=20dB)

William
Old 28th May 2006, 12:21 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

hi wufwaf. once somebody told me to rise input sensitivity to drive via passive praemp.( I using passive preamp and wanted better input sensitivity but not lowering input impedanse) increase 100kohm value. I increased to 130kohm. get arround 15V output at speakers and quickly changed my mind
ant theese 4.7-3.3ohm near input 9610 mosfets? why thery are varying. its pain when I do not know electronic basic knowlwdges
Old 28th May 2006, 04:04 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Hi,

just keep the 4k7 if possible. Lowering them betters the absolute-dc-offset behaviour but also the sound.

william
Old 29th May 2006, 07:12 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

thanks wuffwaff, and regarding theese 100 -33kohm resistors? thay also varying. and output resitors 4x 0.47ohm ,sometimes I noticed that in higher power verion people ad some pair = 6x 0.47ohm what does it means and decreasing output resitors do I need change output to ground resistors(33ohm) ?
Old 29th May 2006, 09:28 AM   #8
Luke is offline Luke  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Luke
Sorry elviukai,

I misunderstood your post.

regards Arthur
Old 29th May 2006, 10:00 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Elviukai,

itīs the same story for the the output to ground resistors. Start with 100 Ohms and lower if absolute dc offset behaviour is not ok.

The source resistor value depends on the bias per fet you are using. Aim for 0,5-0,6V at the chosen bias.
The output resistors can vary too, lower values give less power dissipation and less voltage to steer the active current source. Tollerances will be bigger if the value getīs lower but normally you will set your ac-current gain with a pot first so thatīs not such a problem.

William
Old 29th May 2006, 01:30 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

start with 100ohm? all design I have ever seen use 33-22ohm(pfor example 3x100ohm)output to ground

tomorow is the big day -I will try to start up my aleph x monoblocks. 22v rails, 12.5A per channel, 16x irfp244, 1x 2Kw toroid per channel. I hope I will not blown anything as usualy

Hide this!Advertise here!